- Rate TBD
- Location Vancouver, BC Canada
- Type of project Designing & Media Advertising, Presentation Design
- Duration contract full time ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Other
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Vancouver BCTELECOMMUTE
DESIGN LEAD (12-MONTH CONTRACT)
We are looking for a Design Lead to join our Vancouver team (mat leave contract). In this role, you’ll exercise your creativity, leadership, and mentorship skills daily. You’ll be tasked with managing and mentoring our young designers, giving feedback on their work, and supporting them in reaching their individual performance goals. You’ll also act as the lead creative on key brand identity projects and fill in any other gaps in design and art directions. The person best suited for this role is a passionate brand designer who knows the Direct-to-Consumer/ Retail space like the back of their hand but can also flex into corporate and higher ed projects with ease. You're a self-starter with and know how to confidently engage with clients, manage project scope and ensure your work maps back to a larger brand strategy. You will report to our Creative Director while working closely with the wider team at our Vancouver office (option to work partly remote - minimum 2 days/week in office).
To apply: Submit your resume and cover letter. We want to know who you are and what you sound like, so we’ll only consider applications that include a cover letter.
DAY TO DAY YOU WILL
- Develop and execute visual identities, assets, and campaigns for our’s roster of clients
- Oversee our junior designers, giving them direction and feedback on project work.
- Mentor and manage the design team as they work towards personal and professional goals
- Keep tabs on your project scope and timelines, ensuring you and the design team are equipped to do your roles and to stay within budget
- Keep an eye out for opportunities to grow accounts with key existing clients and loop in account managers as needed
- Develop and implement creative briefs
- Work closely with strategists, art director, and leadership
- Collaborate with and direct external designers, videographers, and photographers
- Act as a final set of eyes on documents before they go out to clients
- Participate in daily huddle and weekly team meeting
- Carefully track your hours and adhere to the project scope set out by the Project Manager
QUALITIES AND SKILLS YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- You hold a degree in design, marketing, or related field
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience in a lead creative role (Art Director or senior designer) at an agency or brand.
- You are an excellent communicator—you’re very comfortable presenting your work and leading conversations with clients. You know how to ask, and reframe, the right questions to get the information you need.
- You understand direct-to-consumer retail and have a passion for how brands live across various channels. You also understand conversion and ROI, and can marry those priorities with brand priorities to grow our clients’ companies.
- You have a keen understanding of omnichannel marketing—including web, email, social, paid media and OOH
- You’re an entrepreneurial spirit who enjoys a fast-paced environment
- You’re able to give and receive feedback with grace
- You’re a self-starter who is deeply organized—you’ll be touching multiple projects at once, so keeping tabs on your deadlines, to-dos and calendar will be key
- You’re a relentless learner who loves diving into a new topic
- You have a proven ability to work with a cross-functional team and collaborate
- You take full personal responsibility for your life and actions. You never blame—you find solutions
- You are passionate about the outdoors and living an active lifestyle.
TOOLS + SOFTWARE YOU’LL USE
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Google docs and sheets
- Gmail + GCal
- Harvest + Harvest Forecast
Reports to: Creative Director
Works closely with: Editorial, Design, Media
Located in: Vancouver, BC
Position closes: September 25, 2021
-September 13, 2021