Software Developer Full Stack (remote)
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project IT & Software Front end development, Software Engineer
- Duration ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Computer Sciences
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
We are on the lookout for our next Software Developer for our Quote Team.
As an intermediate developer, you will work with React to develop on the front-end for our client-facing web application and work with NodeJS on the back-end. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to other projects as needed. We regularly look at cross-functionality on teams to ensure we leverage everyone’s skill set to make our product the best it can be.
It’s all about the user experience!
The "no-fluff" benefits
Complex Challenges: In its current state, the insurance industry can make buying insurance unnecessarily complex. Your challenge would be to take that complexity and make it easy for small and mid-sized businesses to understand and select the right coverage using your development experience in a MERN stack environment.
Code is for Humans: Not only are you coding for our users, but you are also coding for other teams and future teams. You will join an environment that believes in strong documentation, commenting on the code, and making things as straightforward as possible without sacrificing code quality and scalability (cutting the right corners).
Everyone Has a Voice: Your opinion matters; but so does the opinion of anyone else that has insight and data that can add value and strength to our design and code. We strongly believe that you should have strong opinions, but they should be loosely held and open to change when presented with new information.
Passionate People: You will join an environment where people love to solve problems (small and complex), are excited to share what they have learned, and who push themselves to make the most of their workweek while ACTUALLY maintaining work-life balance.
• Internal hackathons for you to chase a new solution that you think adds value.
• Bi-weekly learning sessions where people from all dev teams can share new ideas, tools, concepts, and solutions.
• Training/education/conference budget.
• Opportunity for long-term growth within a rapidly expanding company.
• Join a diverse team that offers different perspectives and never settles for 'this is just how it's always been done.'
Check out our TechBlog to learn more about the team: https://tech.zensurance.com/
- Collaborate with project stakeholders and the development team to design, build, and implement scalable, user-friendly apps and libraries using NodeJS, React, TypeScript
- Add unit tests for all features and functionality
- Perform code reviews
- Connect with members from various teams and departments in the organization to get feedback and assess needs
- Develop a strong understanding of the company’s goals and initiatives and help the engineering team deliver on those goals/initiatives
- Follow Agile practices, suggest improvements and participate in team events
- Follow established local programming paradigms and standards
- Discuss changes that may establish or change precedents
- Work remotely from anywhere in Canada
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience as a developer
- University degree or college diploma in a recognized technical, vocational or academic program (preferably in Engineering or Computer Science) or equivalent work experience
- Have a working knowledge of MongoDB, React, NodeJS, NPM libraries, Express, and Typescript
- Experience with testing frameworks like Jest is a plus
- Good time management skills
- Passionate about strong, reusable, and structured code
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback in a positive way
- Ability to speak up and share ideas
- Ability to deliver on clear, shared expectations
- Ability to work remotely, anywhere in Canada
- Strong communication skills
Perks we offer :
· Opportunity to work for Canada’s fastest-growing insurtech startup
· Contemporary office downtown TO, 1 minute from Osgoode Station and 7 minutes from Union Station
· Flexible work environment/work from home arrangements available to everyone
· Modern technology - laptops provided to all staff
· Comprehensive, flexible health, including mental health, and dental plans to suit all lifestyles
· Parental Leave top-up
· Weekly Friday company-wide meetings
· Build next level relationships with your peers through scheduled companywide virtual team building events
· Be a part of something special, we are confident you won’t find any other insurance company like us :)
Who we are. What we're building.
Business is hard work, insurance doesn’t have to be!
We believe that teamwork makes the dream work.
We are passionate about providing business owners with the best insurance solutions at great rates through an online and easy-to-use platform.
Our secret sauce is all about our culture. Here at Zensurance our culture is built on four core values that we live and breathe every day, they are:
INTEGRITY: We do what's right.
INCLUDE: We are an open and safe space for all.
INVENT: We take an innovative approach to creating straightforward solutions for our customers.
DELIVER: We set ambitious goals and hold ourselves accountable to achieving them.
If reading all that piqued your interest, drop us a line and let us know why you would be a great fit for us. Whether it be through a resume - or something else you think is better - send us what you believe will impress us. Show us your creative process - how you think and solve problems!
True to its Canadian values, Zensurance celebrates diversity in its workforce structure and encourages applications from all backgrounds.
Zensurance is an inclusive employer that celebrates diversity in its workforce structure. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the recruiter, if you require accommodation; to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
-September 17, 2021