Senior Program Manager
- Rate $80.000,00$ annually per project
- Location Vancouver, BC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Writing/Translation Management Consulting, Strategy and Planning, Translation: English, Translation: French
- Duration 3 year contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Vancouver BC
What is the role?
This Senior Program Manager role will oversee the creation and execution of our’s Certification of Funders Serving Women Entrepreneurs Program. This program, funded by Women and Gender Equality Canada, was developed in response to the Feminist Response and Recovery projects, with the purpose of addressing systemic barriers faced by women entrepreneurs. This national program will seek to design and implement a training and certification program that financial lenders would implement with the goal of improving the access to funding experience for women entrepreneurs. Key components of the Program include stakeholder relationships (financial institutions, thought leaders in women entrepreneurship, representative organizations of BIWOC women entrepreneurs, educational institutions, etc), certificate development, program management and execution. The Senior Program Manager role would oversee the Program Coordinator and the Marketing Manager and work closely with The Forum’s Director of Sponsorship, CEO and Marketing Team for execution.
Working collaboratively with our Team, this role ensures we leave no woman behind through our program design and that we create a deeply supportive and radically impactful experience for all women entrepreneurs.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating the strategy and operational plan for the Certification Program
- Executing the Program, which includes:
- owning all program logistics + processes
- recruitment and support of program participants (Financial Lenders + Investors)
- working with marketing team to execute successful marketing plan
- working with sponsorship team to ensure goals are metsponsorship and stakeholder relationships
- impact measurement and storytelling
- managing program budget
- reporting to project funder (Women and Gender Equality Canada)
- management of a Program Coordinator and Marketing Manager
Your skills + strengths are:
- Fluent in English and French
- You have strong program or project management experience and have a very keen eye to process, deadlines and organizationYou feel very comfortable building relationships and reaching out to new contacts
- Relationships with key decision makers in financial institutions an asset
- You understand the entrepreneurial business growth journey
- You have a passion for supporting women entrepreneurs
- Strong understanding of and interest in Gender-Based Analysis Plus and/or gender equity issues
knowledge of systemic barriers faced by diverse women entrepreneurs an asset
- You are a strong self-manager and know how to work collaboratively with a team and various stakeholders
- You are very comfortable with working and communicating in a digital environment
- You take ownership over tasks and communicate about progress and any roadblocks
- You are familiar with systems software such as Microsoft (incl Word + Excel), Project Management software (Asana), G-Suite and CRM and are comfortable quickly learning new technology platforms. If you do not have experience with these specific software, that is ok as long as you are comfortable diving right in and learning.
- You have very strong written and oral communication skills and practice clarity in communications
- You bring an attitude of “how can I help” and fun to your work and like to be challenged
- You appreciate working collaboratively with a high-performance team
The Interview Process
- Remote interview with Lisa Niemetscheck, Director of Corporate Sponsorship
- Interview with Anne MacKenzie, Development and Operations Manager, and Paulina Cameron, CEO
- Conduct References
- Hire and onboarding
All recruiting activities including interviews and new hire on-boarding will be conducted virtually to mitigate the risk of potential spread of Covid-19.
Please apply below with your resume, as well as an introduction to who you are and what excites you about this role and The Forum.
We will be interviewing applicants on a rolling basis beginning Friday, October 1, 2021 so please submit your application as soon as possible. Interviews will be held virtually. Those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
We thank all interested individuals for their application.
-September 22, 2021