Interior Design Technician
- Rate TBD
- Location Vancouver, BC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Designing & Media, Writing/Translation 3D Modeling / AutoCad, Interior designer, Translation: Chinese, Translation: English
- Duration contract full time ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Other
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Vancouver BC
Interior Design Technologist
We are seeking a highly skilled Sketchup/ AutoCAD specialist ready to join our team.
The ideal candidate is professional, detail oriented, a creative thinker, and has strong drafting, construction detailing and space planning abilities. You would need to be self-motivated, take ambition, and have excellent communication skills.
WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING ON
· Space planning
· Finishes selections
· Creating working drawings in Revit
· Assist with contract administration
· Work on multiple projects from concept to completion
· Participate in project team meetings
· Interest in architectural elements as they pertain to interior design
· Commitment to quality production of work
· Self review for accuracy, omissions, errors, and legibility
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Exceptional knowledge of Google Sketch Up: able to create accurate 3-D models, renderings
· Exceptional knowledge of V-Ray: rendering capabilities
· Exceptional knowledge of AutoCAD: assist to create/ create and administer full construction drawings packages including Permit Drawing sets (IFP), Coordination/ Review sets, Tender sets (IFT), and Construction Drawings sets (IFC) for Retail and Multi-Family projects.
· Exceptional knowledge of BC Building code/ Plumbing code etc.
· Strong technical detailing and project production skill and understanding of millwork joinery practices.
· Open and positive communicator who is collaborative in nature.
· Ability to create and assist in completing projects from the conceptual design phase to the construction administration and post construction processes.
· Ability to read, understand, and translate technical drawings.
· Ability to create accurate & complete Specifications and Schedules.
· Ability to create and present comprehensive design presentations (Adobe Creative Cloud)
· Ability to manage multiple projects (small and medium size projects) at one time, while completing internal procedures such as drawing standards, document creation, and issuance on time.
· Ability to take initiative in response to team’s direction or instruction.
· Ability to stay on task and effectively manage time to work independently on projects as assigned.
· Ability to use sound judgement; effectively identify problem areas and negotiate and mediate when necessary to resolve issues.
· Sample library maintenance regarding projects and liaising with product reps to gain new products.
· Professional, client service oriented and positive representative of the Company, foster and cultivate good client relationships.
· Proficient in Microsoft 365, especially Excel.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible.
· Casual Dress
· Paid time off
· Company lunch at least once a month
· Monday to Friday
· 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/ relocate:
· Vancouver, BC
· Remote work available
· Interior Design degree/ diploma from accredited institution required
· Interior Design or similar experience (2 years)
· English fluently (required)
· Mandarin (asset)
· Cantonese (asset)
-September 24, 2021