Civil Engineer QC Officer - Urgent!
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Help Engineering
- Duration long term contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
***This position entails living on the road with the crew during the season. We are currently working in Renfrew ON and next job is in Sudbury ON. Any applicants must be willing to relocate or commute to Renfrew ON and then to Sudbury, ON***
We´re looking for a Quality Control Officer. The ideal candidate will have road paving construction experience and understand the importance of safety on the job! But is not a requirement. Candidate will learn on the job and be supported by the RSR Team in meeting quality standards, production levels, and job completion projects on time. The Candidate duties will consist mainly of, but not limited to as the position grows:
- Asphalt sampling (loose mix and core samples)
- Ordering equipment for mobile laboratory
- Driving a CVOR Ford 550 rated for 11,000kg with mounted hydraulic core rig and compactor
- Coordination of QC response to QA and correlating QC results with QA results for reporting
- Asphalt testing (%AC, Gradation, MRD, BRD, Stability, Recovery and Penetration) according to
corresponding ASTM and AASHTO standards.
- Reporting QC results to contract administrator
- Laboratory maintenance and upkeep
- Creating and maintaining electronic record of all core test results.
- Be on the road during the paving season and travel from jobsite to jobsite, sometimes without break between, depending on the schedule. If you can travel and want to see Ontario, we would love to hear from you.
- Work in a proficient and efficient manner keeping in line with all safety requirements at all times.
- Enforce safety standards in line with the company policy and Ontario government regulations; maintain cleanliness and order in all controlled areas and report all accidents to the Supervisor.
- When coring ensure that process does not damage any personal or public property.
- Notify Shop Supervisor immediately as soon as problems, difficulties, quality deficiencies are being encountered on the job.
- Other duties as may be required to fulfill the requirements of the position.
Educational and position Requirements:
- 2 year diploma in civil engineering technician course from an accredited post secondary institution
4 year degree from an accredited university with a major in civil engineering.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft office suite
- Valid Ontario drivers license
- Knowledge of asphalt testing procedure a big plus
- Able to lift up to 50lbs for extended periods.
- Ability to work as a team and support your fellow crew member's.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions is a must on the job.
- Experience working with large equipment or paving equipment is a plus.
- Must be located in Ontario Canada, at this time there is no relocation package being offered for this position.
If you are looking to gain experience on the job and love traveling Ontario, this position is for you! We want to hear from you and all applications will be reviewed by hiring manager. Pay will commensurate with experience level and per diam is provided while on the road.
-September 27, 2021