- Rate TBD
- Location Hamilton, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Specialized Help Engineering, Management processes
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Hamilton ON
Essential Job Responsibilities include:
- Negotiates contract terms and conditions with vendors.
- Compares and negotiates prices in order to get best possible price on all purchases.
- Manages vendors to ensure on-time delivery and reduced lead times.
- Periodically analyzes total goods purchased to determine potential savings to be derived from volume discounts and/or alternate supply contracts and/or new supply relationships.
- Supervise and direct the Purchasing Coordinator.
- Purchases materials, consumables, tools, parts, supplies and equipment.
- Negotiates the return of materials or equipment for repair or credit with suppliers.
- Follows up with suppliers on pending purchase orders issued and delivery dates.
- Expedites orders as needed.
- Solves problems or discrepancies on invoices in cooperation with accounts payable and suppliers.
- Assists estimating and Project Coordinators in sourcing materials and equipment and as needed, initiates RFQs for special pricing.
- Provides support and advice to staff associated with warehousing and shipping / receiving to site.
- Inputs purchase orders into Company software.
- Inputs receipts of goods (i.e. packing slips) into Company software.
- Reviews and verifies open PO reports and contacts suppliers to address overdue POs.
- In addition to the above activities, this role is actively involved in leading corporate efforts and activities associated with ISO certification and auditing.
Performance Expectations include:
- Maintains a network of effective relationships with; Vice Presidents, Site Supervisors, Project Management support staff and suppliers.
- Maintains an understanding of materials supply capabilities within local, regional, and national markets, and international markets, when and where applicable.
- Maintains current knowledge of legislation and PMAC Ethics affecting purchasing functions within construction employers.
- Coordinates with Vice Presidents, Site Supervisors and Staff to ensure planned, timely, efficient and ethical business administration.
- Remains aware of corporate Policies, Procedures and Standard Work Practices that ensure full compliance with Ontario’s Human Rights, Employment Standards, Environmental and OHSA legislation.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge of ISO certification
- College/University Degree to be required.
- Strong knowledge of standard contract terms and how they are applied in the purchasing process.
- Ability to communicate and good interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work well under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see assignments through to completion.
- Experience with purchasing / accounting software and a proficient knowledge of Excel/Word.
- 7+ years of senior purchasing experience.
- Experience with supply chain audit and experience in developing automated purchasing processes.
- Strong document management required.
- Experience with developing and analyzing KPI required.
- Drivers License to be required.
The company follows a very strict COVID-19 protocol; COVID-19 survey/assessment upon starting work daily, employees required to wear a mask, and also maintain social distancing whenever possible. Following all current public health unit advisories.
-September 28, 2021