Logistics Operations Manager
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration, Business consulting & Finance Logistics, Management processes
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
Logistics Operations Manager is responsible for the timely and efficient execution of all transportation and warehousing orders. You are central to the growth of a fast-paced multi-disciplinary team. Your team will rely on you to provide structure, process management, support and to keep things running smoothly.
You are quick learner and multitasker. “No” doesn’t exist, only solutions. You need to be able to think outside the box to provide the solution to customer’s needs.
- Create dynamic transportation team to plan and dispatch LTL, TL & container drayage in North America.
- Create dynamic warehouse team to control container drayage, inbound and outbound of freight without any damages.
- Lead the hiring and training processes for the transportation and warehousing team.
- Coach, develop and foster team environment.
- Proactively identify and communicate issues, propose and implement solutions for continuous improvement regarding service, cost and profitability.
- Negotiate contract rate agreements with carriers, reconcile established rate levels with available partners.
- Ability to solve problems creatively, as well as providing and implementing solutions ensuring Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are being followed throughout all processes and make Improvements to SOPs to support efficiency and accuracy throughout operations.
Managing inbound and outbound scheduling, pickups and all requirements related to receipt/release of goods, reconciliation and claims
-September 30, 2021