Finance and Administrative Assistant
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration Administrative Assistant, Bookkeeping
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Other
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
We are looking for a reliable Finance and Administrative Assistant who will provide pro-active finance and administration functions and play an important role in CTI’s administrative team. The tasks of the office administrator will include bookkeeping and the use of finance systems, as well as general office procedures. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and trustworthy. The Finance and Administrative Assistant ensures the smooth running of our organization offices including offsite location and contributes in driving sustainable growth.
The incumbent will be responsible for executing project-based work and be able to coordinate our organization’s day-to-day finance and administrative operations. Therefore, they will be highly organized, detail oriented, strong interpersonal skills, and self-sufficient. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience collaborating with an interdisciplinary team and possess advance communication skills including written and verbal communication.
The Incumbent for this position will be responsible for the following:
· General office administration; including answering and making phone call, arranging courier, filing financial documents, and responding to emails.
· Help maintain and manage various databases such as employee files, client data basis, IT tracking, contact lists, vendor details and etc.
· Ability to answer basic inquires and provide program/agency information to customers, clients and community partners.
· Booking and coordinating various meetings including online meetings, conference calls, Go-To-Meetings and associated technologies and online booking systems.
· Devising service quotes, invoices, contracts, and basic accounts receivable and payable duties, such as outstanding Accounts Receivables.
· Draft administrative policies, procedures, user guides and memos
· Must be familiar with Microsoft Office, Excel, Acrobat, GoogleDrive and be able to utilize various internet search engines.
· Collaborate with administrative staff, students and volunteers
· Support in the accurate and timely operations of payroll
· Assist in visa and petty cash monthly reconciling
· Support the wage reimbursement process for our placement employers who have partnered with our various employment programs
· Maintain our HRIS platform in regards to changes and updates to payroll and benefit administration
· Address IT requests by contacting the relevant vendors and assist in trouble shootings
· Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for the upper management
· Provide additional support as required by the Manager of Operations
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Post-secondary education in office administration or related area and two years previous experience in a similar position
· Standard FA and CPR, WHMIS, Conflict Resolution/Crisis Intervention, Anti-Racism/Anti-Oppression Training.
· Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
· Ability to work with a diverse range of individuals
· Qualifications in secretarial studies will be an advantage
· Minimum 2 years of experience working within a non-profit organization
· Minimum of 3 years of administrative experience
· Experience in reading financial statement, monitoring various budgets, and preparing for financial audits is considered an asset
· Familiarity with funder online reporting platforms such at Grants and Contributions Online System (GCOS), and Purchase of Employment Service (POES) are considered an asset.
· High school diploma; BSc/BA in office administration or relevant field is preferred
The Finance and Administrative Assistant will work collaboratively with team members and will be under the direct supervision of the Manager of Operations.
Although the majority of the work will take place between 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday to Friday, some evenings and/or weekend work may be required. A valid Ontario driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle for local travel is preferred. A Vulnerable Sector Screen (VSS) will be required
All interested candidates please submit your Cover Letter and Résumé to:
by Friday, Oct 15th at 5:00 PM.
CTI Canadian Training Institute
The Canadian Training Institute is strongly committed to the principles of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We encourage people from frequently underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
-October 11, 2021
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.