Digital Project Manager
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, IT & Software, Sales & Marketing Agile / Scrum Master, Digital Marketing, Strategy and Planning
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
Art & Science is looking for a Digital Project Manager to come join our growing team.
- You have a minimum of 3 years agency experience managing a range of digital projects from technical builds to website refresh to digital marketing campaigns and display a strong understanding web development processes and UX design processes.
- You have the ability to translate complex scope and timeline into small workable chunks. You can explain complex issues and present them in a way that clearly demonstrate impact and understanding.
- You are passionate about leading a project team to do their best and strive to translate success metrics.
- You think strategically about communication and tailor your communication style or method depending on project type, stakeholders and team members.
- You have a deep understanding of project management methods and processes and apply them to your projects.
- You believe adaptability and fluidity matters greatly in a project— just because you planned something doesn’t mean things won’t change mid-stream and you’ll have to adapt to change course to meet the objectives.
- You are a multi-tasker and can manage multiple projects at once. You know how to manage your own time to schedule competing priorities.
- You are innately curious and enjoy learning about how people work and their processes.
- You don’t just set a timeline and let the project run itself; you ensure your team and all stakeholders are informed every step of the way and have the data to back it up.
- You understand the core of your success is managing expectations and understand most issues can be resolved by setting the right expectations at the right time.
- You are customer-service oriented and always communicate with respect and professionalism.
- You love sharing your successes (and failures) with other team members and discussing how to one-up your last successes.
- You are prepared to go the extra mile to keep clients happy, revel in a challenge, and are always looking to excel, learn and grow.
Level of importance of the requirement to the successful performance of the key activities of the position is defined as C – critical, I – important or N – nice to have.
- Minimum 3 years experience managing digital projects from end-to-end both agile AND waterfall methodologies or anything in between (e.g. websites, web apps, mobile apps)
- On waterfall - from project discovery, planning project timelines and budget, team resourcing, during project sprints, to QA and launch (C)
- On agile - from discovery sessions, stakeholder interviews, defining MVP, negotiating must-haves vs nice-to-haves, user stories, acceptance criteria, retrospective, managing backlogs and sprint budgets
- Experience working in an agency environment working with integrated teams (C)
- Experience managing a variety of projects:
- Custom Wordpress builds (C)
- Branding projects (I)
- Shopify projects (N)
- Digital marketing campaigns (e.g. Facebook Ads, Google Display, Google Adwords) (N)
- Email marketing campaigns (N)
- Print/video campaigns (N)
- Strong understanding of content management systems like Wordpress (C)
- Investigative skills; looking at the full spectrum of the issue or request to identify the cause and pull together the necessary information for the team (C)
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS (I)
- Digital Project Management certification (N)
- Certification in digital marketing, web development, design, content strategy or related study.
Planning and Initiation
- Onboarding: Work with Account Lead or Account Manager to get onboarded to a new initiative and prepare detailed Statements of Work.
- Estimates: Assist with facilitating the estimation of work effort for maintenance projects.
- Team Briefing: Kick-off project with team to translate project goals, scope of work, and budget and timing.
- Define Project Approach and Process: Depending on the project, determine the most appropriate project approach (the how). Produce a work back schedule by facilitating the team to plan out more detailed design and development cycles, identifying key areas that require client and team interactions.
- Setting Project Cadence: Schedule regular scrums or touch points with team and client that is right for the project.
- Project Set Up: Set up project in project management tools, file sharing system, drafting and sending invoices.
Running a Project
- Communication Management: Determine the appropriate mode communication depending on the situation: in-person, slack, email, phone. Run effective meetings by stating agenda and goals. Keep project sponsor and account leads informed of project progress. Filter communication to the right team member at the right time.
- Budget Management: Maintain project budget by setting expectations with team and client on budget availability, raises hand when budget is at risk and proactively propose next steps to manage budget risk
- Task Management: Taking the initiative to troubleshoot the issue to fullest extent of your ability before translating the issue to the appropriate resource within the team. Prioritize tasks effectively for team members (e.g. in a sprint). Manage task effectively in JIRA and writing good tickets.
- Change Management: Manage changes during project with fluidity by understanding the ask and goals. Assess the impact of changes and recommend the best course of action.
- Risk Management: Identify roadblocks and risks, and facilitates solution rather than just stating the roadblocks and risks.
- Quality Assurance (QA): Perform detailed QA of deliverables and spots issues before client or account lead raises them.
- Deployment: Is prepared when managing the launch of project by giving the teams heads up and schedule launch dates with client. Ensure pre-launch and launch tasks are completed.
- Project Administration: Send out invoices on-time. Keep project documents up-to-date and organized. Keep schedules up-to-date. Updating budget when allocation changes.
Project Team Leadership
- Maintain a balanced team morale during the project. You are a cheerleader when the team needs it. You are realistic and challenges solutions and processes when necessary.
- Not afraid to resolve tension. You maintain resilience when facing challenges in project. You identify tension in team or client during project and pro-actively works towards resolving tension
- Look for opportunities: Work with Account team to proactively look for upgrade and renewal opportunities with client.
This position will report directly to the Director of Project Management.
Work Culture and Perks
- We trust each other implicitly, are always innovating, and have a ton of fun doing so. For more info, visit https://artscience.ca/philosophy/ and learn more about our “rules” which should give you a good sense of who we are.
- Brightly lit and spacious downtown Toronto office at Adelaide and Spadina (although we’re currently working remotely because of COVID-19)
- Education budget so you keep learning which can be spent towards courses, conferences etc.
- Health benefits plan
- Fully paid for social events
- Pet friendly
In the job application form, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Personal Contact Details (Name, Email, Phone, Pronoun(s))
- Cover Letter
- At least 1 examples of your work (e.g. planning documents like agile/waterfall project plans)
In addition to the above, you will be asked the following questions:
- Why are you the best fit for the role?
- Where have you been? (A brief overview of your most relevant experience.)
- What are you passionate about?
- Salary expectations
- Whether you need any accommodations in the interview process
Our hiring manager takes time to review these applications. The level of effort you put into this application process is taken into consideration when assessing candidates to move into the next round.
-October 11, 2021