- Rate TBD
- Location Vancouver, BC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Specialized Help Education / teaching , Organisational Behavior
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Education
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Vancouver BC
We are currently seeking an experienced, mature Program Coordinator to join our team.
Our youth struggle with a range of issues, including addiction, attachment difficulties, social skill deficits, anger management, contact with law enforcement and/or the sex trade, and mental health.
They have complex personal and social needs that require a heightened level of support, supervision and specialized services.
Summary of Position:
Under the direction of the Executive Director provide oversight of assigned programs and staff within the specialized resources context. May include other services mandated by contracts with the Ministry of Children and Family Development or Delegated Aboriginal Agencies. Plans, implements, and oversees tasks that include supervision and the delivery of services. Successful candidate must demonstrate they have a proven leadership capacity with a minimum of five years’ experience in program management, evaluation, case management and supervision of care workers. Must be flexible, available to work on call and, occasional nights and weekends. Must have current relevant experience and be open to a diverse inclusive work environment as a team player.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Plans and implements activities and special events for a program.
· Oversees the day to day operation of the program by ensuring the necessary facilities and equipment are in place, program guidelines and policies are adhered to, and program standards are met.
· Makes recommendation to the Executive Director regarding program development, policy and procedure formulation and program evaluation.
· Promotes public awareness of and support for the program by performing duties such as producing the promotional materials and attending community events.
· Liaises with community service providers and other professionals to co-ordinate service provision, facilitate referrals to the program and represent the organization or program in external events.
· Monitors and authorizes program expenditures and maintains financial records in accordance to established procedures. Provides input to the Executive Director in the preparation of the program budget.
· Maintains related records and statistics and produces reports as required.
· Ensures program/service delivery are consistent and align with AHAYFS Policies and Procedures.
· Develop and make recommendations for the development of new program areas.
· Participates as a member of the Leadership Team in developing long term and strategic plans, assessing, and resolving operational issues and policies.
· In consultation with the Leadership Team, will participate in Human Resource activities including hiring, training, supervision, performance appraisal, discipline, and grievance resolution.
· Provides active supervision to program staff, including support, training, and case consultation.
· Will adhere to Health and Safety requirements in compliance with Provincial and Agency Policies and procedures. Will participate as a member of the PQI including Health and Safety committees.
· Prepares and submits reports when required
· Performs other related duties as required or as per agency needs
· Education and Knowledge
o Post-secondary required however candidates with a proven relevant and current certification or awards will be considered.
· Training and experience with youth and young adults facing multiple barriers.
· Alternative sources of knowledge considered with relevant and current experience of a minimum of five years.
o Five years minimum of recent or relevant experience or, an equivalent combination of education, training, and life experience will be considered.
· Current B.C Driver’s license
· Driver’s abstract
· Proof of Vehicle Insurance with 3 million in liability.
· Reliable vehicle required
· Ability to screen through the MCFD 3 Year vulnerable person criminal record check as well as the 5 year Criminal Record Review Act check.
· First Aid / Naloxone Training
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and applications such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram be considered an asset.
· A commitment towards continuous learning, personal development, and proof of COVID- Vaccine would be considered an asset.
· Excellent oral, written and communication skills
· Ability to work independently and within in a team.
-October 20, 2021