- Rate TBD
- Location Mississauga, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Sales & Marketing , Communication, Strategy and Planning
- Duration contract full time ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Mississauga ON
We are a retained search firm acting on behalf of our client.Since 2013, our client has been a leading Canadian engineering and management consulting company specializing in construction claims and dispute resolution. They are looking to add an Executive Assistant (EA) to their team.
Reporting directly to the CEO they will be responsible for a variety of operational, marketing, administration and business development tasks. As an integral member of the team, they will need the ability to work both on independently with minimal supervision, and as part of a team, while upholding a strict level of confidentiality.
- A creative problem solver who is self-driven and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written) and be comfortable interacting with a wide range of professionals at every level of the organization.
- Excellent organizational & administration skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision are also essential.
- A high degree of business acumen and a strong understanding of business development and team building & development.
- Ability to oversee the organization’s business processes and document management, making and implementing recommendations for improvement where appropriate.
- Project & Operations Management
- Research, write, edit and proofread documentation for internal and external stakeholders
- Support the team in managing project timelines & quality of the deliverables
Sales & Marketing
- Develop strategic sales and marketing plans and work closely with the CEO and other team members on the execution of those strategic plans
- Manage and lead all marketing and communication campaigns through LinkedIn
- Monitor the construction market and build strategic partnerships with contractors, lawyers, insurance brokers and surety companies
- Generate new business leads (consulting and professional training) as well as foster existing customer relationships
- Actively research the RFPs opportunities and lead with the team in responding to those RFPs.
Document Management & Data Processing
- Organize and rename documents received from the client
- Oversee electronic document management for the organization
- Edit, format and proofread reports for client communications
- Create, proofread and edit materials in Word, Google doc, PowerPoint, PDF, Google sheets and Excel
- Extract and organize relevant information from project documents
- Assist in recruiting and onboarding new employees
- Coordinate professional training and development for the employees
- Design and manage the LinkedIn career page to build and promote corporate brand
- Manage customer relationships to ensure complete customer satisfaction and drive business performance
- Follow up with clients for payment and other information
- General office duties such as coordinating with vendors, booking travel and events etc.
- Representing the CEO to multiple clients (Telephone and Correspondence)
- Take minutes during meetings
- Running errands outside of the office as required
- Other duties as required by the CEO
Required qualifications and skills
- A degree or diploma in paralegal, law clerk or similar field of study
- Previous dispute resolution experience a definite asset
- 5+ years’ experience in a corporate administration, business development, law clerk or legal assistant role
- Proficiency in Google Workspace (G-Suite), MS Office Suite & Adobe
- A positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking and planning in all areas of business. Ability to make sound and timely decisions
-October 28, 2021