Business Process Consultant
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Specialized Help Banking, Management Consulting, Management processes
- Duration 12 - Months Contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ONTELECOMMUTE
Our Financial Group is currently sourcing for a Business Process Consultant position
The Business Process Consultant is accountable to design and document processes that integrate and optimize workflows (end-to-end, cross-channel, cross-role, and cross-market) to support operational processes; fulfillment, service & sales acquisition.
The role will also help create an environment that promotes continuous improvement of key processes (initiated through run work or the digitization program) that will: increases operating model consistency, reduces frontline pain points, and empowers employees to enhance the value of the service we provide to customers.
Here are some of the key requirements and responsibilities included in this role:
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
• Design and document processes that optimize end-to-end workflow. Integrate and streamline various end to end processes across business groups and channels to bring about operational efficiencies, using systematic, disciplined and data based methods that get to root causes.
• Leverage Nimbus process mapping tool to capture future state process flows at the level appropriate for the defined audience.
• Ensure that process design reflects current business strategy and business requirements and supports the desired customer experience across channels, simplifies work activities & adheres to the Banks operational risk and compliance framework.
• Monitor regulatory, policy, procedural and other relevant business changes and revise internal processes and standards, as required, to meet requirements on a timely basis.
• Conduct risk assessment and validation of new processes and process improvements.
• Ensure documentation for Standard Operating Procedures, RICs, LPGs, Topics (etc) are updated.
• Identify synergies across business groups and connect the dots across engagements to obtain maximum value to the enterprise.
• Integrate end-to-end processes in cross-pillar business groups to affect operational efficiencies.
• Conduct analysis, generate ideas and identify business process improvement opportunities that would lead to significant productivity enhancements and customer satisfaction.
• Lead work streams (Everyday Banking, Lending, Investments, Credit Cards, Digitization as applicable) within enterprise programs; be accountable for delivery of a value stream against a business case; develop planning documents, work breakdown structures, prepare and present status updates on projects/initiatives including escalating issues and risks, perform administration tasks such as coordinating meetings, maintaining project issue logs, action item trackers etc.
• Manage and resolve issues ensuring appropriate analysis and well-thought out alternatives are articulated.
• Create and deliver presentations summarising findings and recommendations to business partner executives and senior management.
• Implement changes required to standardize processes and to achieve consistency.
• Provide, and/or coordinate the provision of, required training on all changes to process procedures, policies and documentation as they are implemented to ensure team member understanding and competency in applying the changes.
• Facilitate buy-in and support from senior management for business cases, key project plans, commitments and project changes relating to process improvements.
• Contribute to the creation of end to end test plans and execute as part of the project assigned.
• Conduct fact-finding interviews and/or brainstorming sessions with the objective of identifying value-creation opportunities and solutions, within the scope of the project and its stated objectives.
• Act as a resource / subject matter expert and may supervise other members on the engagement. Work collaboratively with the other teams in the business group and technology teams on enterprise programs. Engage with cross functional project teams on multiple engagements consistent with matric management.
• Lead problem resolution through analytical expertise during project engagement by: articulating several aspects or components of a problem or complex situation, defining variables in complex problems, draw logical conclusions from data, situations or events.
• Provide feedback and guidance on prioritizing process tasks for technology projects.
• Leverage data analytics to identify process baseline, identify trends, build business case and make recommendations to process changes.
• Participate in engagements, as a team lead/member and a business lead
• Manage stakeholder expectations and negotiate with project stakeholders on scope and deliverables.
• Role model values to promote positive high performance culture during a time of rapid change within the Bank.
• Build relationships with other areas of the Bank such as Product groups, operations support teams, Anti-Money Laundering, Corporate Tax, Finance, IT, Legal, etc.
• Manage change by actively engaging with senior stakeholders, act as change agent, influencing others to implement appropriate methodologies, diagnose barriers to project success and facilitate resolution.
• Prepare documentation for leadership review regarding project status including escalating issues, changes to processes and risks to executives in the divisions and/or support organizations.
• Support training content development, validation and or delivery as required.
• Knowledge of distribution and branch network, systems and applications used by Personal Banking desired.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Aptitude for technology, fast learner, ability to grasp processing systems quickly
• Able to work well both within a team and as an individual contributor
• Highly motivated & demonstrates initiative and take-charge attitude
• Well-organized, detail oriented, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Intermediate to advanced user of MS Office suite
• Knowledge of lean six sigma principles, process mapping fundamentals an asset
Training in or exposure to lean fundamentals, process mapping tools and/or business process management: 4 years (Required)Documenting policies and procedures, user manuals, developing end-to-end test plans: 4 years (Required)Knowledge around Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act in Canada (FATCA) and Common Reporting Standards (CRS) regulations: 1 year (Desired)Ability to execute test plans as part of User Acceptance Testing: 1 year (Required)Knowledge of bank products (Everyday Banking, Credit Cards, Investments, Lending): 1 year (Desired)
-October 29, 2021