- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada
- Type of project IT & Software, Specialized Help Agile / Scrum Master, Banking
- Duration 6- months contract ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Computer Sciences
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ONTELECOMMUTE
Our Financial Group is currently sourcing for a Scrum Master position
Acts as a leader and change catalyst for the adoption of the Agile mindset and associated behaviours. Supports new or mature teams to operate in an accelerated delivery model (Agile) focused on identifying and implementing ways we can work differently to achieve business goals. Focuses on the improvement of individual teams by providing coaching on Agile processes, protection from outside distractions, ceremony facilitation, and obstacle removal. Ensures the success of the Agile transformation and the associated practices at scale and supports removing cross-group impediments. Conducts leadership training and coaching within the team, aids with team member selection and on-boarding and other activities that support high-performance of the team.
Here are some of the key requirements and responsibilities included in this role:
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
• Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
• Coaches the Product Owner and Delivery team in high-performance delivery through agile methods
• Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making through data-driven coaching.
• Assesses and adapts coaching as needed to ensure quality of execution.
• Acts as the prime subject matter expert of agile in the team for internal/external stakeholders.
• Challenges the status quo on how and what we do; influences behaviour independent of organizational hierarchy
• Provides advice and guidance to assigned business / group; holds team members and stakeholders accountable to follow the values and behaviours that make the accelerated delivery model successful.
• Builds effective relationships and alignment with internal/external stakeholders.
• Leads creating the continuous improvement plan for the team and coaches to improvements that are measurable (ie: user story cycle time, team happiness, quality). This includes the use of both qualitative and quantitative data gathered and integrated to provide analysis to stakeholders.
• Provides input into the planning and implementation of Agile practice management programs.
• Prepares and delivers reporting of team health to management to assist the Agile team in communicating status and key decisions.
• Facilitates meetings and working sessions that leverage the Agile practice management program, tools, and techniques to foster adoption.
• Identifies, designs and develops tools and training programs for Agile practices / enterprise programs; may include delivery of training to audiences.
• Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
• Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
• Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
Scrum Master: 5 years (Required)Agile: 5 years (Required)Banking/Financial Industry: 4 years (Required)Certified Scrum Master (CSM): 4 years (Required)
-November 3, 2021