Human Resources Manager
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration Human Resource
- Duration contract, flexible ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
We hire passionate individuals who have the same values as we do. We look for driven individuals who seek to continue solving client problems and bringing innovative ideas to our team. As a small firm with plans to grow rapidly – you will be given the unique opportunity to provide strategic support to the growth of our company.
What You Will Do and Learn
We are looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager to support our local office for our global early-stage technology consulting firm located in Toronto. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources.
The Human Resources Manager is a leader who will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resource and office administration functions, including all facets of human resources, recruiting, office management and payroll support for our Canadian bandmates.
In this role, the ideal candidate will be able to:
- Develops, recommends, and implements HR policies and procedures aligned with local and national employment laws and best practices and ensures compliance among bandmates
- Conducts recruitment and sourcing efforts for all company regional employment requirements including temporary workers; writes and places announcements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-path program and employee relations counseling; and conducts exit interviews
- Coordinates and implements training and career pathing for all regional bandmates using company learning & development framework & best practices
- Supports the firm’s professional and employee performance evaluation programs.
- Supports the firm’s compensation program including providing guidance on local best practices, conducts annual salary surveys and develops and conducts compensation benchmarking/analyses.
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations.
- Administers payroll and tax compliance, as well as any government filing requirements
- Communicates with US office regarding any changes in local regulations/requirements
- Advises and responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
- Represents the company for any labor claims.
- Collaborates with leadership to monitor team staffing levels and ensure adequate support.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
- Monitors employee attendance and annual leave records.
- Degree of 2:1 or higher and five years of increasingly responsible human resource experience, or nine years of proven experience in the general HR field
- 4-5 years of demonstrated experience supporting US based employers and their compliance with British, French, Swedish & overall European Labor Laws
- Experience establishing office procedures for a new office location
- Ability to foster company culture balanced with local customs
- Strong Communication Skills – multi-lingual a plus
- Experience in advising US based leadership on local customs and culture
- Experience in professional services for cloud-based technologies preferred
- Professional certification a plus
What else to expect
As an employee, you will gain exposure to an early-stage growth company providing innovative opportunities to impact our clients in a meaningful way. We believe giving back is core to our values and as part of this effort, you will be given the opportunity to participate in our’s day of service, giving back to our global community.
We take care of you! Here are some of our great benefits and perks to highlight:
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension and life insurance
- Flexible time off
- Paid holiday time
-November 15, 2021