Media Sales Representative
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Designing & Media, Sales & Marketing Advertising, Affiliate Marketing, Business Development
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience Less than 2 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Other
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
Designlines is a guide to design in Toronto. It is a source of information and inspiration for all things related to residential design – including what to buy, where to shop and who to hire. Founded in 2001, Designlines is the only publication in Toronto with a focus on contemporary projects and design, a unique media brand poised to continue its growth in syntony with the local urban development our city is undergoing.
Designlines’ multi-pronged media platform includes print and digital editions of the magazine; an up-to-the-minute website; a weekly e-newsletter that reaches a wide audience of design savvy and design curious subscribers; and four growing social media channels that supply our followers with a constant stream of timely and visually compelling information.
We currently have an immediate opening for a Media Sales Manager. As a member of the Sales team, the sales rep will contribute to successfully growing the business, maximizing revenue streams with potential clients.
- Prospect for new accounts, source leads, cold call, and research to generate sales in multi-media platforms
- Prepare and communicate sales proposal to customer accounts.
- Schedule and attend sales appointments with business owners, marketers & other stakeholders to identify their marketing challenges, goals and explore possible areas of partnership with Designlines.
- Meet sales targets by generating and closing new business opportunities, upselling existing clients and providing excellent service to our clients.
The ideal candidate has:
- A degree in marketing/advertising, great written and communication skills, strong organizational skills and familiarity with the digital media landscape and its marketing opportunities.
- Experience generating new business (e.g., cold calling, prospecting, etc.)
- A proven track record in achieving sales revenue targets with 2-3 years of experience with in-person, consultative B2B sales or account management.
- An ability to learn and adapt in fast moving environment
- Excellent knowledge of CRM software, Excel, PowerPoint
Nice to Have
- Deep knowledge of or experience with advertising, media sales and/or digital marketing
This is a salary + commission-based opportunity.
We regret that we are unable to reply to all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
-November 17, 2021