- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Help Engineering
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
To assist the CM in all aspects, ability allowing, of the construction project. To ensure that all information is entered into Autodesk Build and used throughout the project. In charge of ensuring project close out from a company perspective is completed. This includes, archiving of all project data both electronically and hard copy. ICI Multi family or Hotel experience preferred.
3 years minimum as a Project Coordinator for a construction management firm or General Contractor in Canada.
- Preparation of scope of work of bid packages for review by the CM.
- Read and understand drawings and specifications. Prepare questions and/or clarifications to consultants.
- Issue for tender to trades and answer questions from trades, if unable seek input from CM.
- Ensure that the minimum number of tenders is received for each bid package.
- Periodically make contact with trades via phone, e-mail, fax to ensure they have received the documents and will be submitting a tender. Maintain a log or summary of all actions taken.
- Assemble and receives tenders and review tenders and ensure that they meet the tender requirements. If inclusions or exclusions are listed, the Coordinator will contact trade and have him re-submit as required. Qualified bids must be clearly
identified to the CM by the Coordinators.
- Deadlines are critical and it will be the responsibility of the Coordinator to meet these deadlines established by the CM.
- Submit bid summary to CM for review. In accordance with direction given by CM, prepare trade recommendation documentation to the owner. Based upon owner approval, prepare contract together with all attachments, drawings, etc.
for trade signature. Wherever possible, have the trade come to the office to sign the contract. Notify in standard letter all
trades who were unsuccessful.
- Establish shop drawing submittal schedule in accordance with project schedule requirements. Execute the requirements of the schedule ensuring that all dates are met.
- Ensure rental logs are kept on site and that packing slips match invoices. Logs should be submitted to Accounting.
- Assist in the preparation of the Construction Schedule at the start of the project. CM will modify as needed. Coordinators to have schedule ready for tender and/or contract award.
- Prepare a Buy-Out Schedule, which is tied to the Construction Schedule which highlights the following:-
- Tender time;
- Contract award; and Lead times
- Keep updated drawings for the project, which include all drawings with marked changes in red ink. Process shop drawings
and keep log.
- Follow-up with trade to ensure target dates are maintained. Also make sure Consultants’ Reviews of shop drawings are
undertaken in a timely manner.
- Arrange for CCSL job site sign to be installed on site. The sign must be installed at the same time as the trailer is being
placed on site.
- Is responsible for project status checklist. If these are NOT completed, construction DOES NOT start unless approval is
given by VP Operations.
Project Start-Up Checklist:
- Project Sign
- Notification of project, owner as constructor
- Site phone, line/internet
- underground locates
- Builder risk insurance
- building permit on site
- Safety board on site & all required trade documentation
- Site Manager project start-up box
- Daily Construction report
- CM contract signed
- Current Drawings on site
- Site Manager/CM/Coordinator Meeting
- Project schedule is fastened to the wall of the construction trailer
-November 19, 2021