Medical Office Assistant / Receptionist
- Rate TBD
- Location Calgary, AB Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration, Health Medical / dental secretary, Receptionist
- Duration contract Full Time, Part Time(20-40 hr/wk) hours
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Other
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Calgary AB
Our Clinic is looking for a MOA/Receptionist to join our growing organization. We strive to produce a fun, yet challenging work environment where you will be part of a dynamic team. This position is ideal for candidates that seek personal growth and embrace professional development.
The Medical Office Assistant (MOA) position provides administrative and clinical support to the clinic and doctors. This position is responsible for providing the required clinical support to ensure that safe, efficient and quality patient care is administered during patient visits. The successful candidate must have previous experience in fast-paced working environments. The position will report directly to the Clinic Owner/Physician.
Duties include, but are not limited to, providing general clerical and clinic support such as:
· Answering the phone
· Scheduling and confirming new and follow-up patient appointments via telephone, text and/or letter mail-outs to patients
· Faxing patient prescriptions to pharmacies
· Faxing, mailing and/or scanning letters
· Scanning and linking documents into the electronic medical record (EMR)
· Entering patient information into the electronic medical record (EMR)
· New patient registration
· Liaising with other health care professionals to ensure continuity of care and ensuring coordination of appointments
· Preparing patients for examination and providing physician support during patient clinic visits while ensuring necessary follow-up is completed for all patients attending the clinic setting
· Processing physician orders
· The successful candidate will have a proven track record of providing patient service and care in fast paced and high-pressure environments
· A Medical Office Assistant Certificate or a Medical Transcriptionist Certificate is considered a strong asset.
· Experience with MedAccess is a strong asset. Experience with other electronic medical records (EMRs) may be considered.
· Strong working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite
· Ability to work in an environment with multiple, sometimes competing demands, while maintaining a strong focus on work tasks
· Ability to communicate in a concise and accurate manner.
· Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
· A background in mental health/addictions treatment will be considered an asset
· New grads are welcome to apply
. Refence check will be required
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
· Providing a safe, secure and supportive environment
· Work schedules that allow for healthy and fulfilling work-life balance
· Providing the tools, training and resources necessary to achieve success
· Professional growth in a team-oriented culture
-November 23, 2021