Web Application Developer (.Net)- full time
- Rate TBD
Calgary, AB Canada
Vancouver, BC Canada
Winnipeg, MB Canada
- Type of project IT & Software ASP.NET, C++, Full Stack, HTML, Programming, Software Engineer
- Duration full-time hours
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment Freelance/Contractor, OtherCONTRACTOR, OTHER
- Area of Specialization Computer Sciences
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Calgary ABVancouver BCWinnipeg MBTELECOMMUTE
We are hiring a Senior Application Developer, to work with our growing Engineering team.
You will have a passion for coding and challenging solutions! You will work with a team of developers building web applications and integrating Enterprise Systems for our clients.
To do well in this role you should have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, 5 years’ experience developing complex applications.
KEY TASKS DEVELOPMENT
In this position, the Application Developer is responsible for execution through the entire software development process (SDLC) of their systems, including working with the business teams, other .NET and HTML developers, coding/ programming, debugging and unit testing, deploying with the broader team, and support/maintenance of the program while in production.
Primary technologies used for this position are:
MS SQL Server
MS IIS environment
OVERALL, HERE’S WHAT OUR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS:
• B. Computer Science degree (Related discipline)
• 5+ years prior related work experience in programming for complex applications
• 5+ years in a core .NET development environment, using C# technologies
• 1 years’ experience with RabbitMQ is a must
• Experience with Windows Services
• Strong experience with the development lifecycle of .NET application programming
• Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
• Experience developing new web services/web APIs are considered an asset
• Usage of core .NET development tools such as Visual Studio, and other supporting tools
• Proven skills with managing code repositories, deployments, and life cycle management via JIRA.
• Version control using GIT and TFS.
• Understanding how to build UNIT Tests, considered an asset
• Strong experience with object-oriented design, design patterns, programming techniques, software design, and Internet technologies are essential.
• In-depth knowledge of SQL server and related technologies such as T-SQL is a requirement
• Must be capable of designing and implementing high performance, high volume commercial ASP.NET applications in a 7×24 environment
• Strong understanding of web security principles and practices
• Deep understanding on OWASP top 10
• Experience with Postman is a definite asset
• Experience in building and using web services is a distinct advantage
• Working knowledge of MS SQL Server and Microsoft IIS
• Working knowledge of development and support for REST web APIs.
• Strong work ethic and strong team approach is essential
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Creative problem-solving ability
• Ability to work hard and deliver results under pressure
• Mobile app development experience in Android/IOS SDK is beneficial but not required.
• Excellent English communication skills dealing with all levels, including internal and external stakeholders (Written & Verbal)
• Strong ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Good understanding of software development lifecycles, Agile, and Waterfall
• Understanding of social networks, in particular Twitter, considered an asset
• Be a passionate coder
Send CV to [email protected]
-December 17, 2021
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.