Python Developer/Sr. Python Developer
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada
- Type of project IT & Software Python
- Duration hours
- Education required N/A
- Years of experience N/A
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization N/A
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ONTELECOMMUTE
PYTHON DEVELOPER / SENIOR PYTHON DEVELOPER
We have an opportunity for a Python Developer (1) and a Senior Python Developer (1) on the Data Engineering Team.
· Design, develop and maintain our production applications, databases and custom ETL workflows to help our research and portfolio management team inform their investment decision making.
· Build and enhance our proprietary applications for investment research, portfolio management, and portfolio analytics by implementing database scripts, back-end application code, and occasionally front-end applications.
· Ensure that technical decisions are taken with an appropriate balance of time-to-market versus meeting Hillsdale's long-term growth goals.
· Ensure a smooth process of production-related jobs, provide occasional off-hours support.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
· A minimum of 3 years of experience developing back-end applications, web applications, custom ETL processes and proprietary data solutions.
· Degree(s) in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or a related discipline.
· Strong software development skills with Python, or similar OOP languages like Java, C++, C#, etc.
· Working knowledge of Python’s ecosystem: Pandas, Flask/Django, SqlAlchemy, Airflow, etc.
· Proficient in software architecture and data model design.
· Expertise with SQL, relational database concepts, and SQL scripting.
· Strong communication skills - experience in communicating with other technical teams and ability to work closely with Portfolio Managers and Traders.
· Experience in manipulating time-series, cross-sectional, or panel datasets.
· Motivation to self-start with a commitment to providing creative and robust software solutions.
Nice to Have (preferred but not required)
· Experience working with financial datasets and data vendors.
· Investment industry/portfolio engineering experience, CFA, FRM, CSC or related designation.
· Front-end development experience with HTML + CSS + JS Frameworks (Angular, React, etc.).
· Experience with NoSQL DBs (MongoDB, etc.) and Big Data frameworks (Dask, Spark, etc.).
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
· Leading competitive salary and performance bonus
· Paid vacation time
· Professional Development, ongoing mentorship by a senior team of investment professionals and growth opportunities/defined career pathing
· Team building and employee appreciation events
· Flexible work environment
· Thriving in a high-performance, knowledge-driven culture!
Application Deadline: January 10, 2022
Hillsdale is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We encourage applications from people of all abilities and will make reasonable accommodations upon request.
Not sure if you qualify? Apply anyway! Our workforce comes from diverse backgrounds and industries. Please forward a resume by email. Both full-time and contract arrangements will be considered.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview and legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.
-December 28, 2021
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.