BioTechnician - PCR Testing (3+ month contract)
- Rate TBD
- Location Mississauga, ON Canada
- Type of project Health Nurse, Pharmaceutical assistant
- Duration hours
- Education required N/A
- Years of experience N/A
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization N/A
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Mississauga ONTELECOMMUTE
The Biotechnician serves as the driving force of production performing sample analysis and diagnostic testing on COVID-19 samples. This is a 3-month contract with the possibility of a contract extension or permanent position.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES &TASKS
- Perform diagnostic tests on COVID-19 samples using PCR instrumentation
- Perform laboratory analysis including DNA/RNA/protein extractions, quantification and analysis
- Perform testing and document as per SOPs, GMP/GLPs and regulatory guidelines
- Report deviation and OOS results and assist with quality investigations
- Perform routine bench and instrument analysis
- Support other laboratory tests as assigned
Education & Experience
- B.Sc. in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry
- 6+ months of CoVID-19 molecular testing experience within a lab environment
- Experience in a CL2 lab is an asset
- Experience in DNA/RNA extraction, quantification, and analysis by RT- and qPCR
- Demonstrated understanding of molecular biology approaches including PCR, design of plasmids, primers and probes, DNA cloning, cell transformation as well as basic biochemistry and cell culture techniques
- Operate general analytical instruments such as PCR, UV Spec and Absorbance Plate Reader
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Must be comfortable working in an environment with chemical and biohazard substances
- Must be able to work after hours and weekends to support laboratory activities when required.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Upon request, we will, in consultation with the applicant, determine the nature of any accommodation that may be required.
-December 28, 2021
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.