Bookkeeper (Part-time, work from home)
- Rate TBD
- Location Montreal, QC Canada (From home)
- Type of project Administration, Business consulting & Finance Accountant, Bookkeeping
- Duration 2 to 3 days
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment Part-timePART_TIME
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required English Workhoppers Home Montreal QCTELECOMMUTE
Beauty brand bringing innovative, ground-breaking cosmetic solutions which truly benefit the skin. The brand launched in 2016 at Selfridges quickly growing into a cult favorite with exclusive distribution in top luxury retailers around the world, including Barney’s, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Holt Renfrew, plus several others is seeking an A/P, A/R. The Bookeeper’s primary role is to manage our day to day account and finance requirements and provide support to the management and sales team with respects to accounting and financial obligations. Tasks include, but are not limited to, processing payments, payroll, income tax fillings (corporate), managing expenses and expense reports, as well as supporting the retail brand business with all accounting and finance related inquiries. We are looking for a candidate with exceptional organization, accuracy, and communication skills who is diplomatic and client-focused. The ability to be flexible, discreet, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment is critical to this role.
• Balance and maintain general ledgers pertaining to expenses
• Match purchase orders with invoices
• Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results to management
• Pay invoices and track bank account balances
• Prepare payroll and income, federal and provincial tax paperwork
• Prepare monthly/quarterly tax returns
• Prepare financial year ends
• Assist with preparation of budgets
• Open and ongoing communication with internal A/R, Logistics, Customer Service Manager and
accounts (retailers/vendors) as needed
• Provide weekly update on A/R and advise as to what invoices are past due/require collection and
• Perform account reconciliations as needed
• Generate invoices and statements for accounts as needed
• Maintaining accounts receivable files and records
• Produce monthly financial and management reports for accounts
• Investigate and resolve any irregularities or enquiries pertaining to invoices
• Provide accounting support on various collection and credit activities with accounts/vendors
• Provide general financial management and analysis
• Open ongoing communication with the bank
• Open ongoing communication with accounts (retailer/vendors)
• Open ongoing communication with the employees
• Verify and validate invoices received (with appropriate parties) and process payment accordingly
• Improve accounting processes
• Enforce policies and procedures
• Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role.
• CEGEP and/or university degree in finance or accounting is considered an asset.
• Possess strong knowledge of computer skills to include Quickbooks, Ceridian, Shopify, Paypal
Manager, MS Office Suite Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
• Highly proficient in the English language for written and verbal communication, French
considered an asset.
• Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
• Demonstrates good judgement and takes initiative.
• Ability to prioritize, anticipate problems and think ahead.
• Enjoys working in highly versatile, fast-paced environment.
• Exhibits a highly professional and discreet nature.
• Demonstrates flexibility and is able to adjust to changing scenarios with ease.
-January 14, 2022
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.