Engineering Project Manager
- Rate TBD
- Location Mississauga, ON Canada
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Specialized Help Engineering, Management Consulting
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Mississauga ONTELECOMMUTE
TITLE: Engineering Project Manager (Hybrid)
REPORTS TO: Director of Product Management
The role manages engineering projects through their product development lifecycle via the effective use of project management software and the maintenance and coordination of key product documents throughout the commercialization process. You will coordinate with managers and members across affected teams to ensure the activities of both hardware and software projects are on track. Organization, attention to detail and excellent communication skills are critical attributes for success in the role.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for utilizing the tools of project documentation and software to manage projects including but not limited to:
o Project Scope template
o Project update communications
· Responsible for resource planning and allocation on owned projects; working in tandem on this with Engineering Manager and Projects Director.
· Input task updates on behalf of team members or external resources to ensure accuracy of project management software; enable team members to execute on their priorities
· Attend project meetings and responsible for recording relevant updates in on-line tools and/or stand-alone documents including meeting minutes taken and action items assigned
· Responsible for follow-up with all parties involved in projects to ensure updates on assigned actions are provided. Communicate updates on tasks to other parties as needed.
· Responsible to organize and set up working sessions with Engineering, Technical Support and Marketing with development of project documentation, such as Business Case, Project Scope and Objectives, etc.
· Organize product compliance and homologation with regulatory agencies and/or consultants as related to new product development as well as existing products.
· Internal product testing scheduling with Product Support Manager based on project plans.
· Responsible for working with external project stakeholders including coordination of OEM / white label specifications and requirements
· Identify the need for formal product change through participation in engineering meetings, and ensure the change management process is followed and completed
· Work closely with the Projects Director to ensure alignment on status of all projects and assist by identifying risks and opportunities of each project, including proposing options to mitigate risks
· Analyze project performance vs. plan and propose modifications applicable templates, timeline assumptions, etc.
· Coaching the company in the discipline of project management, including:
o adherence to stage gates, project scope and objectives, risk-based decision-making,
o use of Wrike dashboards, timeline views, etc.
· Research, self-teach, and/or obtain instruction on project management tools, specifically Wrike, including integration cost/benefit with other company tools (e.g. MS Outlook, SFDC, Arena, etc.);
· Manage BOM versions with engineers and coordinate quote requests as needed with CMs
· Office with occasional off-site visits to vendors and contract manufacturers
· Hybrid office environment: HQ located in Oakville, ON.
· Extended hours may be required during product launches or other critical project phases.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
· Post-secondary education with project management content
· 3 - 5 years of progressive experience in project management in an engineering environment
· Strong ability to approach new concepts, problem solve and synthesize ideas
· Solid organisational skills with attention to detail
· Excellent communication (both written and oral)
· Self-motivated, with the ability to work both independently and as part of cross-functional and multidisciplinary teams
· Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision for day-to-day tasks
· Experienced user of MS Office toolset (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
· Knowledge of product design, development, prototype and production process for technology or like products an asset
-March 7, 2022