Commercial Collections Specialist
- Rate TBD
- Location Edmonton, AB Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration Logistics, Purchasing / Inventory
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Other
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Edmonton AB
We have positions open for experienced Collectors. Qualified candidates should have prior experience as a commercial or consumer collector and a strong work ethic.
- Negotiate payments with businesses who have outstanding delinquent accounts with our clients.
- Make outbound telephone calls, examine debtor’s financial situation, review trade documents, contracts, resolve disputes and work to establish resolution.
- Resolve disputes, create urgency, and negotiate the best possible payment arrangement if the business cannot pay their balance in full.
- The negotiation process involves reviewing the account information in the collection software system and asking questions of the debtors to better understand perceived obstacles to payment.
- Maintaining a positive, problem-solving approach and positive relationships within a team environment.
- Must be highly motivated, competitive, focused and commission driven.
- Must be energetic, assertive, charismatic and able to easily handle rejection.
- Good written, verbal, active listening, & phone communication skills.
- Good negotiation, persuasion, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain composure with difficult or irate debtors and remain professional at all times.
- Proficient personal computer skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where change is common.
- Previous call center or outbound calling experience
- Spanish speaking a plus
We offer a competitive salary and aggressive monthly commission and bonus opportunities.
-March 21, 2022