Supply Chain Supervisor
- Rate TBD
- Location Burlington, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration, Business consulting & Finance Logistics, Purchasing / Inventory, Supply Management
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Burlington ON
What you will be doing
This position is responsible for:
Purchasing and Vendor Management
· Manage purchasing activities for indirect material, equipment, and services
· Vendor Evaluation in compliance with ISO and IATF requirements.
· Vendor management including resolution of issues regarding quality, delivery, pricing, and payment terms.
· Manage contract negotiations and RFQ with suppliers for indirect materials, equipment, services, and supplies. Ensure competitive bidding process where applicable.
· Management of purchase orders.
· Maintain Approval and Purchasing Role Matrix in SRM (Supplier Relationship Management)
· Continuous improvement of purchasing processes
· Ensure Purchasing documents are aligned with Umicore standard terms and conditions
· Knowledge of different types of Purchase Orders
Transportation and Customs Processes and Control
· Evaluating potential freight carriers, brokers, and other agents
· Manage Customs broker relationship ensuring quality of service.
· Maintain relevant processes to ensure accurate clearance of goods into and out of Canada. Compliance with Canada Customs and Border regulations.
· Manage required USMCA documentation for incoming and outgoing shipments
· Track and control all incoming and outgoing shipments including validation of pricing, rates, and payment terms
· Manage timely approval of freight invoices and coordination of issue resolution with carriers and agents
· Managing Expedites including the coordinating and tracking of premium freight for both inbound and outbound shipments Support all Freight Processes – incoming and outgoing
· Logistics and Supply Chain Development including identifying areas for improvements in processes related to Supply chain activities including warehousing, transportation, purchasing and related systems
- Supervise Shipping and Receiving personnel ensuring accurate preparation of outbound shipments, confirmations, and receipt of inbound deliveries.
- Timely follow-up of discrepancies.
· Ensure adequate training of staff including safety mindset and work habits; warehouse processes; safe operation of material handling / logistics equipment
· Ensure forklift and reach truck certifications are maintained
· Ensure TDG certifications are maintained
· Ensure all relevant Work Instructions and Job Safety Analyses (JSAs) are updated
PGM Vault Control
· Supervise Vault clerk ensuring accuracy and accountability and conformance with Umicore Precious Metal policy
· Identify opportunities for improvement in processes and controls
· Support physical inventory counts and related processes
Who we are looking for
This position requires
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Supply Chain Management Certificate. Knowledge of ISO & IATF requirements involving Vendor evaluation
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in logistics and purchasing within a manufacturing environment.
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Experience with Canada Customs and Border Services regulations and documentation, Tariff classifications, NAFTA regulations
- Strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft suite and experience with SAP and SRM
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate with customers, suppliers, and all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate Umicore values – Openness, Respect, Teamwork, Innovation and Commitment
- Strong Analytical skills, ability to synthesize diverse information, collects and researches data, uses intuition, design workflow and procedures,
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information, develop alternative solutions, and works well in group problem solving situations.
- Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability.
- Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue.
- Police Record Check required
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
-March 31, 2022
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.