- Rate TBD
- Location Burlington, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration, Business consulting & Finance Purchasing / Inventory, Supply Management
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Burlington ON
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Buyer is responsible for procurement, planning, and selecting suppliers for the best cost, quality, delivery, and service.
• Experience in Electronics Contract Manufacturing is preferred.
• CSCMP designation
• University Undergraduate degree from a recognized Educational Institution (Business or equivalent)
• Intermediate Import/Export experience (LCL, Freight, multi-modal etc.)
• Strong computer skills, including experience using ERP (MS Dynamics or equivalent) software packages, Word and PowerPoint.
• Must have advanced knowledge in Excel: Pivot Tables, V Lookup, and Macro Formulas.
• MS Visio and Access ideal
• Follow written and verbal instructions, make basic intermediate/complex computations, establish effective business and working relationships, read, understand, and use various cataloging systems, compare information, and recognize discrepancies, prepare reports, and keep accurate records.
• Extensive knowledge of purchasing procedures, quoting procedures, and quality management concepts.
• Exceptional Experience with International Procurement (Asia Pac preferred)
• Knowledge of electronic components, such as resistors, capacitors, diodes, PCBs, etc.
• Experience with supply chain management skills, inventory control principles, MRP/ERP concepts.
• Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt minimum
• Formal Project Management Skills
• Above average Logistics knowledge
• Read in interpret mechanical drawings
• Matrix reporting structure
• Project based teams
• Experience with Multinational corporations
• KPI’s (margin compliance, OTD, Productivity)
Any other job-related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
-April 6, 2022