Communications Specialist (Fundraising)
- Rate TBD
- Location Halifax, NS Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration, Sales & Marketing Communication, Customer service, Fundraising / non profit
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Halifax NS
Supervisor: Partnerships Manager
Position Category: Full Time, 35 hours/week
Start Date: As soon as possible
Reporting to the Partnerships Manager, the Communications Specialist (Fundraising) is responsible for the development, execution and evaluation of an annual communications plan that will inspire giving among both new and existing donors and generate increased awareness of Discovery Centre as a registered charity.
The Communications Specialist (Fundraising) is a strategic thinker with expert knowledge of trends and best practices in fundraising communications. This position requires technical skills in programs such as WordPress, Raiser’s Edge, Mailchimp, social and Google Analytics. The successful candidate is a creative multi-tasker with the willingness and flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
The Communications Specialist (Fundraising) will:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual partnerships communications plan to grow Discovery Centre’s donor pipeline and generate new revenue in support of Discovery Centre’s charitable mission.
- Develop and execute impactful promotional campaigns, including e-appeals, online advertising, social media, peer-to-peer, and mobile campaigns, to help achieve annual fundraising targets.
- Create compelling fundraising content for Discovery Centre communications channels, including website, video, social media, email marketing, direct mail and advertising campaigns, to raise awareness of Discovery Centre’s charitable mission, impact, and new giving opportunities.
- Apply best practices in online giving to create a positive digital donor journey and increase monthly giving.
- Fulfill sponsor recognition pieces as identified in partnership gift agreements and identify new, creative opportunities to recognize sponsor support.
- Develop and disseminate the e-newsletter for Discovery Centre donors and sponsors.
- Execute communication of public and private donor funding announcements including in-person announcements, news releases, and social content.
- Administer the Discovery Centre’s in memorial program.
- Manage a database of existing donors to build appeals and track success.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of fundraising campaigns and use insights for continuous improvement.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education in marketing, public relations, or related discipline
- Minimum three years’ experience in a relevant professional role with demonstrated success in the development and execution of fundraising communications plans specific to the charitable sector
- Expert knowledge and understanding of best practices and trends in fundraising communications
- Proven ability to craft compelling copy and storytelling that inspires giving
- Experience in developing and executing digital marketing programs to generate new donor leads
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of technical and creative aspects of digital and mobile marketing including search engine optimization, keyword search and Google Analytics
- Functional knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or comparable donor CRM for database management and dissemination of e-blasts and appeals
- Ability to multi-task with exceptional attention to detail while remaining outcome oriented
- Strong organizational skills - able to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress
- Demonstrated tact and diplomacy in dealing with diverse stakeholders
- Commitment to maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- A personable, cooperative nature
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A growth mindset and enthusiasm for continuous professional development
- Bilingual (French/English) considered an asset
- Proficient in the use of computer applications including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Sharepoint, Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint), Zoom, Raiser’s Edge (Blackbaud)
- Proficiency in social media platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Basic design and video editing skills
- Experience in web design using Wordpress considered an asset
- Exceptional verbal, written, and electronic communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Competitive base salary
- Health and dental benefits
- RRSP program
- Flexible schedule and work arrangements
- Work life balance
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team culture with the mission to advance science literacy and inspire excitement for STEAM education
WORKING CONDITIONS/ SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES
The Communications Specialist typically works Monday to Friday but may be required on occasion to work weekends and evenings.
The Communications Specialist may be required to supervise volunteers and/or seasonal employees.
This position is responsible for the brand presence as a charitable organization and an impactful option for charitable giving.
-April 25, 2022
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.