- Rate TBD
- Location Vancouver, BC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration, Business consulting & Finance Accountant, Bookkeeping
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Vancouver BC
We are a non-profit agency that provides justice,
The agency has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join our team. Reporting to the Senior Management Team and our Accountant, the full-cycle bookkeeper performs financial duties including day-to-day bookkeeping (bank and credit card posting and reconciliations, accounts payable and receivable, etc.), payroll administration, month end close, some financial reporting – both internal and external, assisting with budgeting and variance reporting, leading contract management, records management, assisting with audit preparation and year end close preparation.
This Position also includes documentation and maintenance of financial procedures. The Administration Bookkeeper will be comfortable with Sage 50. This position will be supervised, supported and trained, as needed, by our Senior Management and our Accountant.
This position is up to 24 hours per week, with flexible hours to be worked at our office.
· Maintain records management system
· Ensure all accounting records are complete, current, accurate and recorded and filed in a manner reflecting professional and accepted bookkeeping and accounting practices.
· Complete all payroll administration functions
· Complete monthly reconciliation for all bank and credit card accounts
· Liaise with project staff to support project & program budget management
· Maintain contract management and financial management reporting system; ensure contract billing
· Prepare (in conjunction with our Senior Financial Consultant as needed) and provide periodic financial reports to Administration, Board and Program Coordinators.
· Assis with year-end reporting and creation of year-end working papers
· Assist in preparing for and managing audits and independent reviews; liaise with auditors
· Implement new policies, systems and procedures as they’re defined by management, to maintain efficient and effective financial operations and controls for the Association
· Any other related tasks as requested by Senior Management and Accountant.
· Monitor and confirm accurate posting of payables, reviewing discrepancies in comparison with the budget, and ensuring correct paperwork for all transactions.
· Maintain accuracy of project accounting reports both for project manager usage and for purposes of funder reporting.
· Seek improved efficiencies and enact improvements in consultation with the Senior Management and Accountant.
· Prepare payroll on a bi-weekly basis using Ceridian.
· Assist in preparation of Board Reports package.
· Monitor budget utilization and spending requirements throughout the year.
· Responsible for annual year-end close preparation, including schedules and working papers.
· Responsible for being audit ready and working with auditors throughout annual audit process.
· Some general administration tasks will also be required to be performed.
Qualifications, Job Skills and Abilities:
· Minimum 2-year diploma in a related field with 5-10 years of experience in bookkeeping and payroll, preferably in a non-profit environment.
· Excellent proficiency with accounting software, and agility in learning new software, required; specific experience with Sage 50 is preferred.
· Experience with project/program-oriented non-profit or fund accounting/bookkeeping.
· Experience in working with auditors and preparing for audits.
· High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite – Excel in particular, required.
· Ability to organize workload based on priorities of Administration and Board.
· Knowledge of non-profit community-based programs, funding sources and services An asset.
· Proven experience as a full-cycle, non-profit bookkeeper.
· Maintaining a well-organized filing system and work area.
· Ability to represent the Organization to funders, partners, and community in a professional manner.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills verbal and written, including conflict resolution skills.
Rate of Pay: Salary based on experience, benefit supplement after 3 months’ probation period.
To Apply: Applicants must include a cover letter, 3 References, and a Resume, by email
This posting will remain up until the position is filled, we thank everyone for their submission, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Preference will be given to Indigenous Applicants.
-May 30, 2022
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.