Telecommunications Field Tech
- Rate TBD
- Location Vancouver, BC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Help, Technology Computer Network Technician, Engineering, Information Security
- Duration freelance ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Vancouver BC
***$2000 SIGNING BONUS***
***Vehicle and Tool Package Options Available***
We are a thriving telecom service provider in Alberta and BC. We are seeking subcontractor Telecommunications Field Technicians to provide install & repair services to our residential customers in the BC Lower Mainland.
We’re looking for people who are technically inclined, self-motivated, and have great skills in communication & customer service. Telecom field technician experience is preferred but every level of expertise is welcome, and we will train if necessary.
- Install, diagnose, and repair residential telecommunications services & applications (eg. Voice, Data, TV, Security)
- Explain/discuss details regarding progress, issues, applicable charges and promote products and services to our customers
- Meet company quality standards and key performance metrics
- Complete administration responsibilities accurately and timely
- Comfortable with heavy lifting, climbing ladders/poles, crawling in confined spaces, and working in all weather conditions
- Must be flexible to work on weekends and statutory holidays
- Experience in any of the following fields: Telecommunications & Smart Home Security / Electrical / IT / Network Systems / Sales / Customer Service
- Telecommunications field technician experience is preferred but will train if necessary (can take up to 4 weeks at subcontractor’s expense)
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to strive for excellence in customer service
- Permanent Canadian residence/valid work visa status
- Driver’s license with good abstract
- Compensation ranges are based on piece rate and skill:.
You are responsible for all expenses listed below.
- Company registration and setup
- Vehicle expenses including maintenance, gas, registration & insurance
- Work Safe BC coverage and commercial liability insurance
- White van/truck with ladder rack bolted on (vehicle rental is available if you need assistance)
- Required tools (tool kit packages are available if you need assistance)
We offer attractive vehicle and tool package options for those who need to acquire a work vehicle &/or tools
- Vehicle rental – low monthly payments; goal is to help you with a work vehicle until you’re able to obtain your own
- Tool packages – 0% interest, monthly payments, purchase to own
If this exciting opportunity interests you, please reply with your updated resume. You may be contacted shortly thereafter regarding an interview.
-June 9, 2022