Estimator - Custom Metal Sign Fabrication
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Designing & Media 3D Modeling / AutoCad, Architect
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience Less than 2 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Architecture
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
The company has been in operation since 1986 serving Canada coast to coast. We have 20,000 square feet of sign manufacturing facility in Toronto (GTA East). We manufacture all signage (illuminated and non-illuminated) in house and install using our own crane / bucket trucks.
We are seeking a qualified and motivated individual to join our Toronto based team as a Cost Estimator, based on site and reporting to the Operations Manager.
About the Role
Hired individual will be responsible for assisting during tendering process through responding to queries from clients and institutions and assist with the initial analysis of tender submissions.
· Responsible for all estimation aspects of the Tendering Process, including take offs
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work including scheduling and project planning
- Handle the Request for Bid process (RFB)
- Follow approved estimating practices consistent with corporate guidelines
- Ensure such practices result in the most complete estimates possible while ensuring the financial objectives are met.
- Provide detailed knowledge of market labour and equipment rates
- Prepare detailed estimates by calculating complete take-off of scope of work
- Prepare final estimate summaries, analyzing each section for scope, pricing and completeness
· Soliciting General Contractors and supplier quotations, preparing and submitting tenders, negotiating, maintaining historical cost data, productivity factors and location impacts while preparing project budgets.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current and accurate information on prices from suppliers
· Liaise between Operations Manager, designers, accounting, suppliers and sales staff to ensure the accuracy of information for production.
- Manage the flow of documentation for the project, sub-trades, schedule, and crew time on site
· Follow up with outside trades, architects, general contractors and consultants
· Travel to site to conduct site checks, including taking measurements and photos
· Prepare document transmittals and maintain document registers such as site instructions, change orders, drawings etc
· Majority of tasks will be logistics related
Desired Skills and Experience
· Completion of College/CEGEP/vocational or technical training preferably in an engineering, construction or related field.
· Blueprint Reading, Estimating, Construction Fundamentals and Communication is essential
· Experience preparing budgets at for various construction stages would be a definite asset.
· Experience with MS Office, and/or scheduling software
· Experience in AutoCAD and Adobe Illustrator is essential
· Math and architectural blue print reading skills essential
· Previous work experience in signage manufacturing or custom metal manufacturing is preferred
· Ability to work with others as a team.
· Ability to work flexible hours as the project schedule demands
· Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work effectively/accurately under pressure.
· Advanced mathematical aptitude required
· This position is heavily measurements and mathematics-based.
· Written and oral proficiency in English is essential
-June 10, 2022