Senior Construction Project Manager
- Rate TBD
- Location Mississauga, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Help Engineering, Real Estate
- Duration 12 months
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Mississauga ON
We are an industry-leading real estate developer and builder focussing on urban high-rise projects in Hamilton, Kitchener and Waterloo. Over the past 13 years, the company has built Thousands of residential condos and commercial units, including completing a 39-storey tower and starting construction on a 45-storey tower. IN8 has over 5000 units to be constructed in its current pipeline.
The company has purchased the land at the Hamilton City Centre (former Eaton Centre) in downtown Hamilton and has received approvals to build 4 high-rise towers on the site. We are seeking a senior project manager to head up the iconic undertaking.
The Job Duties will include:
- Assist with the review and coordination of project drawings prior to and throughout project tender to ensure drawings are complete and represent quality and economically feasible build.
- Assist with the creation of the scope of work documents for trade proposals.
- Assist with selection of trade contractors and reviewing bids for projects.
- Preparation of the detailed project budget.
- Provide ongoing project budget updates throughout the project and review with President.
- Prepare the detailed project schedule.
- Provide ongoing updates to the project schedule throughout the duration of the project. Review these updates with President.
- Monitor project schedule and identify areas of concern and address those concerns with the project superintendent and/or trade contractors.
- Prepare monthly project reports for updates to project owners and investors.
- Coordination of the location and setup of major project equipment (i.e.: tower cranes, hoists, pumps) and project events (i.e.: large pours/equipment setups/deliveries, etc.)
- Review monthly contractor invoicing for accuracy and approve invoices. Coordinate any billings changes or disputes.
- Work with the Contract Administrator and/or Legal Counsel to issue default notices or manage any other contract disputes between the Construction Managers and the Trade Contractors.
- Attend site regularly to review progress, and insurance of quality control.
- Attend monthly consultant site meetings for ongoing site coordination.
- Communicate directly with consultants throughout the project for Change orders/directives, site instructions, requests for information, etc.
- Communicate directly with trade contractors for the same above purposes.
- Ensure proper distribution of documents to all project parties, including change orders, and drawings on time.
- Coordination and review of project shop drawings for all trades.
- Collection and distribution of all building occupancy documents to the appropriate parties including local municipalities, architects and consultants.
- Follow up with contractors on the list of the deficient items.
- Collection and coordination of all project closeout documents including shop drawings, manuals and contractor warranties.
- Continual follow-up with municipal authorities for permit sign-offs, and security releases.
- Follow-up and coordination of contractor warranty items
- Postsecondary education or training in engineering, construction management, or a related discipline.
- Gold Seal certification will be considered an asset.
- 15+ years of progressive construction experience with multiple contract delivery types as a leader and mentor preferred.
- 12 months of estimating or related experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry and company operations, including building materials, construction specifications, methods and procedures, and safety and quality management practices for large, complex, and more diverse projects.
- Experience with diverse project types, delivery and construction methods, and sequencing and timelines.
- Superior planning, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize team tasks for prompt execution.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing others and many construction project facets, including multiple scope coordination. Experience leading and assessing trade performance.
- Demonstrated experience leading effective project meetings with customers, consultants, and internal employees; experience presenting at client meetings or for project pursuit.
- Ability to monitor complex project budgets and schedules and create and schedule projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Familiarity with CCDC documents and the latest Construction Act.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Revit, MS Project, ProCore, MS Word, MS Excel, and Adobe/PDF editing programs.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
-June 23, 2022