Financial Accountant /hybrid
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration, Business consulting & Finance Accountant, Finance
- Duration 12 months
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
Full Job Description & Requirements – Financial Accountant
- Perform month-end and year-end close for Aizan Technologies and subsidiaries, including reports and reconciliations.
- Perform daily and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepares, reviews tax reports and schedules and files tax returns within the deadlines set by government agencies after approval by Accounting Manager;
- Development and implementation of procedures and controls, ensuring that the company conforms to GAAP
- Responsible for completion and maintenance of general ledgers and financial reports, management of AP/AR and general financials elements related to financial management.
- Prepare month-end and year-end financial closing schedules.
- Prepares journal entries and other accounting entries and transactions as necessary for approval by Accounting Manager.
- Prepares or assists in preparing financial analysis, forecast, budgets and special reports and special accounting improvement projects.
- Collection of Invoices and Payment of bills in a timely manner, ensuring that cash flow and good company status is maintained.
- Oversee billing matters of the finance department.
- Oversee the processing and issuing of all invoices including all carrier (CDR) input source files.
- Prepare invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup.
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Maintain the billing folders for all contracts, with all the appropriate documents.
- Coordinate meetings to go over (i) old unbilled work orders with management + (ii) current month billings.
- Ensure internal Billing systems match in billing breakdown and approved Contracts \ Change Orders.
- Provide backup support for both internal and external audits.
- Work closely with Management to ensure adherence to all accounting and finance policies and procedures.
- 2 years of accounting related experience
- Post-secondary education in Accounting, Finance or Business related fields
- CPA designated or pursuing
- Has experience and well-versed with government tax filings (e.g. EHT, HST) in Canada
- High proficiency in the use of PCs, MS Excel, MS Word and Google Suite of Software
- Proficiency with automated accounting system and software
- Ability to function efficiently without direct supervision
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management is an asset.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- Superior punctuality and dependability
- Can work independently, as well as part of a team
- Ability to take ownership of the role
- Friendly personality – approachable, outgoing, assertive.
- Advanced organizational skills: ability to prioritize, follow up and multi-task.
- Proven ability to handle a fast-paced work environment, volume and paperwork.
- Flexible and resourceful at problem-solving.
- Part time/Full Time - 1 year term, with opportunity to extend
- Hybrid WFH.
-June 23, 2022