Registered Social Worker or Psychotherapist
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Health Psychology / Therapy
- Duration 24 months
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Psychology
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
Job Type: Temp Full-time,contract
We are expanding clinical services to Saturdays!
As such, we are looking for a Registered Social Worker or Registered Psychotherapist.
The incumbent will work with clients three days a week: two evening shifts and one Saturday day shift.
You will be provided with clients via our Intake system and will have access to an online video platform along with our note-taking and scheduling portal
This position will start as remote and will be moving to hybrid in August/September . You must be able to work independently in your own home office that is also a safe and confidential setting.
We are to provide direct clinical support including assessment, counselling, and recovery programming to individuals and families.
This role will contribute to the development of best practices in working with individuals and families. It will also contribute to the Hope + Me - MDAO Collaborative Model with Sunnybrook Hospital’s Psychiatric Department. By partnering with Sunnybrook’s diverse team of highly specialized health care professionals, our clients and their families have access to exceptional care.
The role also requires knowledge and/or experience with:
- Decision guiding process
- Brief services including group and individual counselling
- Motivational interviewing; evidence-based practices
- Holistic programming
The target population includes:
- Complex Adults and their Families (parents, other caregivers, and siblings)
- Substance abuse, concurrent disorder or dual (Age 25-75)
- Maintaining sound clinical judgment and upholding ethical standards
- Participating in weekly collaborative meetings
- Comfortability working with diverse groups of people
- Short –Term Counselling- to a maximum of eight weeks
- On-call Drop-in clinical support of three one-hour time slots (counseling 30 to 45 min.) every week
- Sound knowledge of trauma-informed clinical best practices in all areas
- Strong ability in applicable theories and evidence-based treatment modalities
- Consistent ability to practice from an anti-oppressive practice framework and prove multicultural competence
- Current knowledge of best practices in mental health (such as crisis de-escalation, suicide prevention, harm reduction, child abuse, and gender-based violence)
Qualifications and Skills
- The candidate will possess a master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited university of recognized standing;
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in Social Work with a minimum of five (5) years of related work experience will also be considered.
- Ideally 2 to 5 years experience as a clinical therapist working with any combination of youth or adults
- Must be registered as a Psychotherapist or Social Worker in Ontario
- Ability to build and maintain therapeutic relationships with clients
- Experienced in a therapeutic modality such as Dialectical/Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Mindfulness based interventions, Attachment and Trauma Informed therapies, Emotion Focused Therapy, Narrative Therapy, and/or Solution Focused Therapy
- Ability to work with online platforms
- The individual will be skilled in assessing a person’s needs, including complex risk assessments and the ability to activate a plan to mitigate any identified risk
- Excellent counselling skills and working knowledge of individual and family assessment and understanding mental health issues in adults, transitional youth, and families
- Ability to function unassisted and within a multidisciplinary team
- Reliable and punctual
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Advanced information-technology skills: proficient in MS Office programs including Outlook, Excel, and fluency in or ability to learn client information system EMHWare
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to provide a helpful and approachable presence, ability to diffuse crisis and conflict through skillful communication and seeking supervisory support when needed
- The ability to practice in a second language is considered an asset
- We are currently working remotely and will be moving to a hybrid model possibility in the middle of summer.
- The candidate will be required to work the following times:
- Two evening shifts from 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM; three-day shifts- from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and
- One Saturday shift from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM every four weeks, with their choice of day off during the week.
- Hope + Me - MDAO requires staff to have received all necessary doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
-June 27, 2022