Manager of Software Development (remote, full-time)
- Rate 115,000+
Ottawa, ON Canada
Montreal, QC Canada
Calgary, AB Canada
Toronto, ON Canada
Mississauga, ON Canada
Winnipeg, MB Canada
Abbotsford, BC Canada (From home)
- Type of project Technology Programming, Software Architecture, Software Engineer
- Duration Full-time ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Computer Sciences
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Ottawa ONMontreal QCCalgary ABToronto ONMississauga ONWinnipeg MBAbbotsford BCTELECOMMUTE
We’re expanding our remote team and are looking for an experienced, results-driven individual to fill a pivotal role – Manager of Software Development. If you are looking for a purposeful challenge and want to be part of a dynamic team that is building an end-to-end marketplace solution, then we can hardly wait to meet you! The Manager of Software Development will lead the building of the platform delivering a world class end to end solution. You will be our “go to” when it comes to development. In this role you can expect to manage internal and external development resources, integration, quality, software selection, updates and releases. You will work closely with our Enterprise Architects and DevOps team to deliver best-in-class solutions. Be one the ground floor in transforming the legal and financial industries.
The Manager of Software Development is responsible for the overall software development life cycle of the solution and activities of the software development group. The individual will provide project guidance and be accountable to deadlines/timelines. The successful candidate will manage multiple initiatives at once and develop effective procedures and processes to ensure project success. You will lead, participate, and coach the development team in analysis, design, development, monitoring, and managing quality for each initiative to achieve high value business outcomes. In addition, you will also provide technical expertise and effectively communicate with broader teams.
• Lead the development team in the design, development, coding and architecture
• Develop, maintain, and manage software development policies and standards.
• Own the evolution of the technical stack.
• Define, manage and improve the software and product development processes
• Build internal and external resources to deliver and maintain our solutions
• Manage the day-to-day activities of the team and ensure project plans and delivery are met.
• Support management of project resources; document software development and applications
• Support facilitation, creation, and evolution of product requirements.
• Keep up to date with the latest development practices, tools and best practices
• Be the gatekeep of the codebase by defining and managing the code review process
• Control and process our software updates and releases
• Demonstrated experience in building high quality products in an (Agile, DevOps, ProtoType, MVP) development environments.
• Proven hands-on development experience that includes solid understanding of development practices, adherence to code standards, working with source control management, test-driven development, and contribution to the code review process.
• Strong communication skills and top-notch interpersonal skills; able to lead with authenticity.
• 5+ years' experience in managing internal teams, external resources and 3rd party service providers
• Bachelors or Masters or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field is an asset
If interested, please send CV to victoria @ workhoppers for initial conversation.
-July 7, 2022
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.