Kitchen Cook & Quality Control Assistant
- Rate $19 per hour CAD 19 / HOUR
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Help Cook / Chef / Baker
- Duration contract/part time ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Culinary Arts
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
We are seeking a Kitchen Cook & Quality Control Assistant to assist the operations of the Out of This World Café & Catering food social enterprise, which employs people with lived experience of mental health challenges; addiction; homelessness; gendered violence; and / or refugee challenges. The primary location is at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health at 250 College St.
- Monitor other staff, coordinate and participate in the preparation of high quality food;
- Ensure timely delivery of catering orders;
- Interact with customers in a positive and professional manner;
- Create daily specials in conjunction with the manager;
- Coordinate and participate in cleaning duties throughout the day;
- Assist Manager in placing food & supplies orders;
- Assist Manager in creating menus for catering customers;
- Develop and apply food costing skills in conjunction with the manager;
- Ensure smooth business operations during manager vacations or absences;
- Provide training and support for staff with lived experience;
- Maintain team-oriented, positive and professional relationships with staff;
- Ensure business compliance with municipal regulations for Food Safety and workplace Health and Safety;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience in food service;
- Lived experience and applied understanding of survivorhood, its challenges and opportunities;
- Current Food Safety Certification (or willing to obtain);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience cooking in a fast-paced kitchen environment;
- Time-management, organizational, administrative and problem-solving skills;
- Formal culinary training/post-secondary education or equivalent experience an asset;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office / computer skills an asset;
- Driver’s license an asset.
Temporary Part Time (22 - 27.5hrs / week).
Hours of work are normally Monday to Friday 8am-2pm with a half hour lunch break. There may be some variation with hours and locations due to business requirements, though you will be primarily working at a single location. You must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks since your second dose) against COVID-19 to be considered for the position.
-July 20, 2022