- Rate TBD
- Location Vancouver, BC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Help Education / teaching
- Duration contract/part time ongoing
- Education required Vocational training
- Years of experience Less than 2 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Visual and Performing arts
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Vancouver BC
We are currently seeking full-time and part-time teachers for our ballet studio opening this September in North Vancouver.
We are a boutique ballet school that provides a creative dance education experience for children from 18 months to 8 years old. It is a place where children are urged to fully exercise their imagination as well as their bodies, where we not only focus on teaching students age-appropriate motor skills and the fundamental principles of ballet, but also expose them to the world of classical music and the enchanting stories of famous ballets.
At the School we look for magic-makers. On our team, we want hearts that never stopped twirling and minds that thrive on creativity. We require our teachers to have a strong background in dance, great communication skills, and a commitment to our carefully crafted curriculum. Most of all, we want instructors that are invested in nurturing the big dreams of little dancers.
We are hiring for both full-time and part-time ballet teachers.
· Extensive training provided in our School carefully crafted curriculum
· Teachers will independently teach ballet classes to students ages 18 months to 8 years old
· Cultivate a child's background in ballet development through a unique, fun, encouraging and nurturing environment
· Engage with parents and answer any questions they might have about their child and our dance program
· Disinfection of all dance props, teacher supplies, and studio in between shifts.
· Lead special indoor and outdoor events
· Lead and host birthday parties
· Lead and host Summer or Spring Break camps
· Brand ambassador representing Tutu School
· Studio Opening and Closing duties
· Enroll students through our website/Customer Management System and retail transactions
· Assist with administrative duties related to the operation and growth of School as needed
· Background in dance (ballet)
· Experience working with young children or teaching experience
· Applicant must be enthusiastic and energetic
· Ability to remain patient and positive and must have a passion to work with children
· Excellent customer service
· Excellent communication skills and professionalism
· Great attitude and extremely reliable and punctual
· Completed criminal background check
· We fly a few of our teachers to the US for training so applicants should be able to travel in order to be considered for the position.
-August 1, 2022