- Rate $26-$32 per hour CAD 26-$32 / HOUR
- Location Calgary, AB Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Help Engineering
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience Less than 2 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Calgary AB
We are a civil engineering company based in Calgary Alberta. We specialize in the quality assurance inspection and testing of backfill materials, soils, aggregate, concrete and asphalt. Our projects include underground utilities, roadworks, bridges, and other infrastructure projects at various locations in Calgary and surrounding area.
The company has immediate positions for Field Materials Technicians to join our civil engineering team on a seasonal basis to provide inspection and testing for soils, concrete and asphalt materials.
Wages per Hour
· CCIL Certified Asphalt, Concrete & Aggregates $32.00
· CCIL Certified Concrete & Aggregates $30.00
· No CCIL Certification but experienced $26.00
· Field soils (compaction), concrete and asphalt inspection and testing.
· Asphalt pavement and concrete coring.
· Provide accurate and timely field test reports.
· Available to work on weekends, extended hours and night shift.
· Reliable and able to work as a team with M&B, clients and contractor.
· Acknowledge M&B’s HSE safety and company policies and procedures.
Skills / Qualifications
· Minimum academic requirements include high school diploma. College or university studies in related engineering, construction or geotechnical fields or a graduate of would be an asset.
· Experience in field inspection and testing of soils, concrete and asphalt.
· Experience on use of a portable nuclear density gauge.
· Have knowledge or the ability to efficiently learn test methods and procedures.
· Familiar with working on construction sites and with contractors.
· Have a valid driver’s licence and good driving record. A drivers abstract will be required.
· Is familiar with the Calgary area and how to get around.
· Ability to lift and control weights up to 22kg such as a 5 gallon pail of gravel.
· Have good housekeeping practices and ensure care of equipment.
· Good written and oral communication skills and good work ethics.
· Self-motivated, able to multi-task, has practical skills and is well organized
-August 1, 2022