- Rate $31 per hour CAD 31 / HOUR
- Location Mississauga, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Health Nurse
- Duration contract/part time ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience Less than 2 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Medical and Health Professions
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Mississauga ON
We are looking for a Registered Nurse with current ACLS certification to work in the post-anesthesia care unit (recovery room), where patients are cared for and monitored as they recover from the effects of anesthesia.
The responsibilities include all aspects of patient care following procedures. This care includes:
- monitoring heart rate, blood pressure, breathing and respiration
- managing the pain and nausea that often follow anesthesia
- be in charge of assessing the patient’s overall condition during the delicate post-anesthesia period, providing care and intervention as needed.
- Maintaining inventory of nursing supplies, medications and preparing the recovery room
- Documentation and patient education for after care of anesthesia
- inserting and managing IV
Must be able to think critically, make confident decisions in a fast-paced clinical environment and communicate effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- ACLS license is Required
- Active CNO license
- up to date immunization record
- recent police check
Flexible hours. Up to 30 hours/ week. Can be casual or part-time
Medical disinfectant used between patients. Appropriate PPE is provided to ensure safe and comfortable working conditions.
-August 1, 2022