Manager of Health Policy
- Rate TBD
- Location Ottawa, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Health, Sales & Marketing Fundraising / non profit, Healthcare consultant, Public relations
- Duration 12 months
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Ottawa ON
Position Summary: The Manager of Health Policy leads the strategic direction of the organization’s advocacy and public relations programs. The Manager is responsible for the development, management and implementation of our advocacy strategy and the extension of the organization’s strategic partnerships with patient advocacy organizations and regulatory authorities.
Government Relations Program Planning and Management
- Plan and manage the delivery of all advocacy programs and their activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Identify and develop public policies, research reports and opportunities to inform health care and breast cancer specific policies.
- Write all submissions to health technology agencies for new breast cancer therapy indications
- Manage public relations profile, including media outreach to ensure that public messaging is consistent with advocacy and organizational objectives.
- Maintain and engage medical advisory boards on issues as needed.
- Cultivate and maintain patient/survivor/caregiver engagement program through advocacy programming
- Develop and write all advocacy related resources including patient facing toolkits, advocacy guides and blog posts
- Write all copy for press releases, letters to government, letters to stakeholders and advocacy campaigns.
- Develop funding proposals to support the advocacy programs, in collaboration with the Director of Director of Operations
- Develop, and manage all advocacy program budgets and finances
- Develop project reporting for leadership team, Board of Directors and Funders
- Develop and report evaluation findings and recommend changes to improve the advocacy programs
- Ensure high quality and timely production of all advocacy programs
- Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreement
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with advocacy program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with patient advocacy organizations and health regulatory bodies to further advocacy agenda.
- Cultivate key stakeholder relationships, including identifying opportunities for collaboration and strategic partnerships with potential funders.
- Participate in collaborative conferences and advocacy meetings as a representative of the organization
- Connect with the Board of Directors and senior leadership team in developing a strategic plan to guide the organization
- Regularly update the senior leadership team and Board of Directors on program progress
- Foster effective teamwork among program staff
- Degree, or equivalent experience, in Health Policy related field
- 3 – 5 years experience working in a Health Policy role
- A good understanding of the policy environment as it relates to healthcare
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to speak French considered an asset
- Ability to travel for meetings and conferences as needed
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills
Job Type: This position is a one-year contract, with the option for renewal.
Hours per week: This position will start as a position consisting of a 4-day work week, of 7.5 hours per day. The position will be a hybrid in-person/virtual model with 3 days working in office at 185 Somerset St. West Suite 318, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; and 1 day per week working from home.
There may be an option, to increase this position to 5 days per week if needed, both the employee and employer would need to agree on this increase.
-August 3, 2022