- Rate TBD
- Location Peterborough, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Help Engineering
- Duration 6 months
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Peterborough ON
We are looking for a Controls Engineer to work onsite at a customer located in Peterborough, ON.
The Controls Systems Engineer is part of the Software Systems Capability function.
They shall specify, design and validate complex sub-systems, including high-level requirements for the software and / or hardware system components. This will include creation of mathematical models and simulations of control and actuation systems.
The Controls Systems Engineer is responsible for the on-time delivery, the quality of the controls sub-system and the artefacts associated with the design, verification and validation of the system.
This shall be achieved through decomposition of designs and development of tests, analysis to ensure that the system implementation satisfies the validated requirements.
- Review and agree high level control and instrumentation systems requirements, design constraints/standards, quality attributes, including design validation of the control and instrumentation system.
- Design and analyse the control and instrumentation system for functional behaviour, which may include modelling and simulation to demonstrate that the design meets the high-level requirements. Develop and review control system tests that will provide evidence to demonstrate that the control system requirements have been satisfied.
- Provides targeted testing and documentation of control and instrumentation system functionality to support problem investigation and problem closures and customer issues.
- Ensures robust and optimal (weight, cost, etc) designs and problem solutions through the effective application of appropriate engineering tools and applicable processes.
- Working with the guidance of Control System Specialists and other site disciplines, define the physical and functional architecture of the system.
- Working with the guidance of Control System Specialists and other site disciplines undertake the detailed specification, definition and integration of the system, ensuring that it will accommodate any identified hazards.
- Knowledge of, and experience with electrical code(s) such as NEC or CEC
- PLC/PAC programming experience
- Motion control and general control systems design experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline
- Must be Canadian Citizen or permanent resident of Canada for greater than 5 years
- Must be able to cope effectively with deadlines and multiple demands
- Strong organizational, leadership, interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Working knowledge of domain plant and platform interfaces, component technology and behaviour during normal and abnormal operation, verification vehicles, controls design, system architecture, software and/or hardware architecture, and software and hardware development process constraints.
- An ability to interpret test results and provide an informed opinion or conclusion as to the outcome of the analysis. This includes an understanding of measurement uncertainty.
- A demonstrated ability to manage tasks to completion ensuring that the relevant areas of the business are appropriately informed.
- An ability to identify and manage risk in collaboration with team members.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and an ability to understand the level of analysis required.
- Able to research application issues and products by being outward focused and able to seek solutions/information from outside of immediate area, including suppliers, universities, customers, related industries
-August 4, 2022