Recruiter (6-month contract)
- Rate TBD
- Location Mississauga, ON Canada
- Type of project Administration Human Resource
- Duration 6 months
- Education required N/A
- Years of experience N/A
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization N/A
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Mississauga ONTELECOMMUTE
· Full-Time, Contract (6 months to start)
· On-Site, Eligibility for Remote Work
· Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: Head Office, Oakville Summary:
Established in 1967, we have grown into a leading signage, service, and manufacturing company providing Digital LED Displays, Large Format Printing, 3D Creations, and Installation services to the sign and display industry. Our work is featured globally, being viewed by millions daily throughout Canada and the United States. Our showcased work is evident in locations such as; Las Vegas, Times Square NY, Dundas Square Toronto, sports venues, and corporate headquarters.
As a dedicated Recruiter, you will be responsible in identifying current and future hiring needs, filling job openings, assist in designing job descriptions, sourcing candidates through databases and social media, conducting pre-screens and in-person interviews, filing paperwork, and keeping abreast of employment law and legislation and also monitor new and existing employees and act as their advocate.
The successful incumbent has excellent interpersonal skills, is organized and detail-oriented, remains up-to-date with employment legislature, and keeps informed in company hiring and internship programs. A good Recruiter can assess candidates' skills, experience, and relevant knowledge and compare them to job requirements.
The primary responsibilities and duties include; but are not limited to:
· Identifying future hiring needs and assist in developing and updating job descriptions and specifications.
· Collaborating with department managers to compile a consistent list of requirements.
· Designing and implementing the overall recruiting strategy
· Perform job and task analysis to document job requirements and objectives
· Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job board/newspapers/colleges etc.
· Source, attract and recruit candidates by using databases, online employment forums, social media etc.
· Screen candidates resumes and job applications
· Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates within schedule
· Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes to best suit open positions
· Onboard new employees and complete paperwork for new hires in order to become fully integrated
· Monitor and apply HR recruiting best practices
· Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports to the rest of the team
· Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
· Ensure our Company attracts, hires and retains the best employees, while building a strong and robust talent pipeline.
· Promoting the Company's reputation as “best place to work” and attractiveness as a good employment opportunity.
· Managing internship programs and providing recruitment reports to team managers.
· Keeping up-to-date on current employment legislation and regulations and enforcing them within the company.
· Other additional duties as required.
Requirements / Qualifications:
· Holds an academic HR background combined with work experience in screening, interviewing and assessing candidates.
· 2 years of recruiting experience preferred
· Experience in manufacturing industry is preferred.
· Good organizational and time-management skills
· Great interpersonal and communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to establish effective and cooperative working relationships built on trust
· Comfortable making decisions independently
· Ability to manage a wide range of relationships with a variety of stakeholders
· Working knowledge of interview techniques and applicant screening methods
· Deep understanding of employment laws and regulations
· Familiar with a wide variety of sourcing avenues
· Ability to work on tight deadlines.
· Have a high sense of urgency and can prioritize responsibilities
· Have proficiency level skills in MS Office applications
Work Conditions: Physical Demands:
• Office environment with prolonged sitting, typing, and phone usage.
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
• Lifting or moving boxes up to 50 lbs. may be required.
• Time management
• Reading / writing
• Memory recall
-August 11, 2022