AV Support Desk Technician
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Designing & Media, Specialized Help, Technology Audio / Sound Production, IT Consultant, Project Management, Technical support
- Duration hours
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience Less than 2 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Communication and journalism
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
Everything we do is simple, smart, and customer focused. We are passionate about building connected experiences that people love. We’re a team that supports each other and together we help our customers through the intelligent design, deployment, and support of integrated audio-visual systems. You’ll have an opportunity to work in a central downtown location and with the biggest and best organizations in Canada.
We are growing rapidly and we’re looking to add another amazing Care Desk Technician to the service team.
You are a champion of building positive customer experiences through delivering dependable, accurate, empathetic remote technical service. You possess a Swiss army knife skillset that is part can-do attitude, part technical acumen and part networker that ensures a client’s service needs are met by hitplay.
This role reports to the Care Service Manager
- Become the Primary Care provider to assigned clients
- Assist with other Care Service Desk Technicians with any overflow.
- Build strong, long-term business relationships with clients by consistently going above and beyond client expectations
Managed Service Client
- Primary contact for inbound service requests via email and phone during assigned shifts between the hours of 8:00am-8:00pm. Our Service Desk Technicians work on staggered 8.5 hour shifts during that window.
- Perform level 1 and 2 troubleshooting to assist clients with solving service tickets
- For issues that require advanced level 2 or level 3 support, obtain sufficient information to efficiently escalate the service ticket
- Engage internal or vendor resources as required to effectively handle client requirements. Track status of the ticket to ensure effective resolution and client satisfaction.
- Process RMAs
- Schedule on-site service calls through coordination of internal/external resources and client availability. Create work orders in ConnectWise for all service calls and follow up to ensure effective resolution.
- In urgent cases, execute on-site service calls to meet SLA requirements
- Manage service ticket database, including initiation of the ticket, adding service notes, merging, separating, and closing tickets
- Create or review service ticket 4D report and ensure completeness before ticket close out
- Follow up through a combination of surveys and phone calls, after Care services have been delivered, including service calls, event support, resident technician services and scheduled maintenance to obtain client feedback
- Participate in Care meetings providing insights on the open ticket backlog and escalating challenging tickets
- Host and lead QBR meetings with key customers
- Be responsible for hosting review meetings 60-days prior to contract renewal dates to drive contract renewal
Ad-Hoc Service Requests
- Provide an equivalent customer experience to both ad-hoc and care contract customers with the objective of bringing ad-hoc customers into a care contract
- Provide clients with quotations for service work and follow up for sign off
- Schedule on service calls through coordination of internal resources and client availability
- Close out ad hoc service and provide summary of final ticket work for accurate invoicing and pass along closeout to the Accounting and Invoicing team
Proactive Client Monitoring
- Monitor the pivot dashboard and review all alerts
- Proactively reach out to clients to address critical alerts
- Create tickets to track pivot alerts within ConnectWise
- A daily review of your assigned accounts, champion accounts within the pivot environment to ensure alerts are being addressed
- Proactively action alerts
- Coordinate with the project management team to effectively onboard care customers as integration projects complete and are transitioned into care
- Attend and host kick off meetings and become the primary contact for the customer account
Tracking and Reporting
- Track and allocate time accordingly within ConnectWise
- Ensure accurate time reporting and invoicing from internal and external resources to maintain ticket-level profitability objectives.
- Utilize the tools provided to deliver consistent and exceptional customer experiences, these include but are not limited to – initial triage and diagnostics survey, work order dispatch order, end of day reports, and ticket closure reports
Scheduled Maintenance and Event Support Coordination
- Coordinate preventative and scheduled maintenance with contact customers, maintaining an annual calendar for all preventative maintenance services
- Deliver detailed post-preventative maintenance reports to customers outlining activities performed, outcomes, and recommendations
- Respond to event support inquiries, discuss, and understand Client’s requirements for the Event, and gather timelines and event details
- Coordinate the scheduling of Events and Webinar Support with the client, Care and Engineering Team, and the logistics of ensuring any additional equipment requirements is delivered to the location specified
- Review Event feedback, follow up with Care/Engineering Team and client, and if need be, address any potential issues or concerns
Compensation Model and Opportunities
Compensation is a combination of base salary and a bonus program tied to the achievement of role specific KPIs, 360-degree feedback, and the achievement of corporate financial objectives. There are multiple career path’s available for Care Desk Technicians depending on your passions, desires, and capabilities; these can include but are not limited to, Field Engineer, UC/Networking Engineer, Solution Engineer, Account Manager, and Programming.
What You Bring
- Experience in integrated audio-visual environments from being a technician, field engineer, programmer, or project manager
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills – your default in every situation is to pick up the phone and have a conversation with the customer
- A passionate curiosity in getting to and solving challenging technical problems with limited information
- Familiarity with major equipment manufacturers (Crestron, Poly, Logitech, Microsoft, Cisco, Zoom, Shure, etc.). Manufacturer certifications are highly desired.
- Some knowledge of major UC platforms, including but not limited to – Microsoft Teams, Zoom (Desktop and meeting room experience), Cisco WebEx, etc.
- Ability to read and decipher Audio Visual line drawings and scope of works documentation
- Exceptional verbal communication skills with a unique ability to connect with and empathize care clients.
- Other AV industry knowledge and certifications are nice to have, alternatively having the willingness to complete within the first 6 months of your tenure
- An understanding of the UC space (Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Cisco WebEx) along with related certifications
- College/University or equivalent experience
-September 29, 2022