Lift Operator - Seasonal - Full/Part Time
- Rate $13,43 per hour
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration Customer service
- Duration 2 months
- Education required Vocational training
- Years of experience Less than 2 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization N/A
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
-Free Mountain Pass for employees; ski or ride for free at 14 Alterra owned destinations!
-Pass benefits for your family and discounted lift tickets you can share with your friends;
-Staff priced meals & Starbucks treats;
-Staff room rates at all our hotels;
-Retail savings at Burton, Columbia, North Face, Red Devil, Hillside, and more!
Lift Operators will continually strive to exceed our guest’s expectations by creating the best memories. The Lift Department will ensure the safe operation of our ski lifts by maintaining the standards set for both the guest experience and maintenance.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Responsible for the safe operation of their assigned lift
- Responsible for maximizing uphill capacity for all lifts
- Responsible for focusing on ease of entry in to sport by being empathetic to the needs of our beginner guests
- Provide physical assistance to guests when required
- Ensures all guest using the lift have a valid ticket or pass
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining all operational aspects of all assigned lifts including ramps, mazes, tools and signs
- Maintain a high-quality, friendly and cooperative work ethic and interactive relationship with guests, the lift team and other resort staff
- Responsible for duties as assigned by the team leads, supervisors and manager
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- Must possess excellent employee and public relations skills and be of a friendly and co-operative nature
- Must be professional, energetic and dependable
- Must be able to reason and react with quick and thoughtful judgment while remaining calm under pressure
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must be confident in a team atmosphere
- Ski/Snowboarding experience an asset
- Previous customer service experience
-February 7, 2024