- Rate TBD
- Location Montreal, QC Canada
- Type of project Administration Administrative Assistant
- Duration 3 + months contract ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Business
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Montreal QCTELECOMMUTE
Position title: Sr. Administrative Assistant
Start date: ASAP
Office location (required even if working remotely): Hybrid – 3 days in office, 2 days from home.
Performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks, financial and human resources administration and provides professional support to one or more Managers and their direct reports. The role provides general offices services ensuring all administrative and operational processes and control standards are followed, while seeking to determine, develop, and participate in implementation of improvement opportunities, contributing to the effective and efficient operation of the business group.
• Supports the execution of strategic initiatives; includes tracking metrics and milestones.
• Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
• Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
• Leads the planning, coordinating and implementing department events.
• Provides specialized and professional support to an executive and their senior managers within a large and diverse department or business group.
• Coordinates and monitors budgets and reporting on results vs. budget.
• Provides coaching and mentoring to more junior administrative assistants to support them in developing capability to carry out current job accountabilities.
• Manages and monitors calendars and upcoming events. Dispatches meeting invitations, books meeting rooms and arranges for resources and other requirements in support of smooth and efficient meeting facilitation. Supports the coordination and implementation of department events.
• Develops and maintains a filing system; ensures business and operational reports, forms, and other documentation, paper or electronic, are readily available.
• Supports the development of tailored messaging, which may include writing, editing and distributing communications (e.g., correspondence, presentations, policies & procedures).
• Dispatches outgoing communications. Answers central phone line, responding to and resolving/escalating inquiries.
• Processes invoices for payment in adherence with documented processes and guidelines and vendor agreements
• Prepares and logs departmental expense claims and reports. Tracks expenses to ensure they stay within budget.
• Makes travel arrangements, booking flight/hotel reservations as needed.
• Liaises with internal business units and external vendors and participates in the local coordination and implementation of premises and building related matters including incoming / outgoing staff and contractors, relocations, office planning and new furniture requirements while ensuring minimal interruptions to business operations.
• Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Maintains and tracks overtime, on-call claims, staff vacations and absences in accordance with Bank and/or divisional guidelines to ensure consistency in entitlement and to determine staff availability.
• Coordinates training requirements for staff (research, booking, cancellations, confirmations, etc.).
• Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
• Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
• Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
• Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
• Typically, between 3-5 years of experience in an administrative/professional support function and post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable.
• Specialized knowledge.
*******Bilingual is a requirement*******
• Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
• Organization skills - Good.
• Collaboration & team skills - Good.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills - Good.
- has a good understanding of what an admin role is already
- understanding the proactivity side of the role.
- Bilingual is mandatory, native French speaker with strong English- (Open to the opposite)
- post -secondary
-November 24, 2022