Senior Lead Mechanical Engineer (full time)
- Rate TBD
- Location Montreal, QC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Help Engineering
- Duration ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience more than 5
- Type of employment OtherOTHER
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required English, French Workhoppers Home Montreal QC
Celebrating 50 years in business, a manufacturer of industrial equipment located in Montreal, Quebec manufacturing company is currently seeking a Senior Lead Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
You are required to have proven competency with ASME codes (ASME Sec. VIII, B31.3, B31.1) and equipment design using theories, engineering principles, experience and technical knowledge. You are also required to have strong solving and design skills and knowledge in manufacturing processes that follow all applicable regulations, industry and company standards.
• Delegate team members
• Design and develop technical specifications of heaters for production
• Test existing systems in production
• Produce, Review and approval of drawings and technical documentation as they relate to respective sales orders.
• Works collaboratively with design engineers, production engineers, purchasers and other internal staff to create cost efficient designs. Continuous communication with sales department for technical support (resolving their engineering issues and questions, and giving them feedback about their sales orders if it is not compatible with our manufacturing limitations or standards)
• Assist or produce accurate BOMs and enter them into the Company’s ERP system.
• Liaises with clients, suppliers, contractors and relevant authorities
• Review mechanical specifications to respect our manufacturing process and applicable international standards.
• Make design calculations and validate designs as required.
• Quality oriented.
• Work closely with other members of our Engineering team and other Departments. Continuous communication with purchasing and inventory departments for:
o Preparation of drawings for all kind of sub contract services, such as sheet metal, drilling, cutting, CNC, …
o Providing departments with details needed for procurement of standard components
• Work on special projects (R&D).
• Provide strong technical mentor ship to junior and intermediate mechanical engineers, designers and support staff.
• Pressure Vessel calculations based on ASME sec VIII code with PV-ELITE software (if required). Application of relevant standards (ie ASME code) for all the engineering designs (welding design, piping design, selection of materials etc..)
• Certify design for ASME Section VIII Division I contract as a Professional Engineer.
• Prepare Design reports for Code Jobs.
• Provide assistance to the QA manager for implementation of the CSA B51 Quality Assurance Program.
o Receiving and implementation of feedback in designs, RMA notification to upper management.
o Maintenance and enforcement of CSA, UL and other certification policies to ensure company meets certification standards - ASME PRESSURE VESSELS (in future)
• Implement Engineering standards within the department to improve efficiency and correctness.
• Manages projects within cost and time constrained environments
• Creation of Test procedures and ensures proper test documentation of analysis and results
Member in good standing with the OIQ (mandatory). Candidate will be signing off all drawings and calculations.
5+ years minimum of relevant experience in design and manufacture of process equipment: Vessels, piping, selection of pumps/components, valves, etc.
5+ years leadership experience.
Basic knowledge of electrical circuits.
Experience with ASME codes in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge of Welding design per ASME codes.
Experience in 3D CAD modeling (SolidWorks).
Experience with AutoCAD 2D.
Experience in piping design an asset.
Bachelor’s in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary range $110-120 TBD, based on experience.
To apply: Please forward your resume for consideration to victoria (at) workhoppers.com
Use Senior Lead Mechanical Engineer in subject line.
-November 30, 2023
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.