Field Service Engineer
- Rate TBD
- Location Vancouver, BC Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Specialized Help Engineering, Management Consulting, Strategy and Planning
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Vancouver BC
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for administering
preventative maintenance (PM) and troubleshooting, calibrating and
performing electrical safety tests (EST) on automated microbiology
equipment in Vancouver, BC, Canada with limited travel to the rest of
the Canada to be expected. The ideal candidate is involved in all
areas of microbiology equipment technology, including monitoring work
order requests, completing repairs, new equipment inspections and
installations, PM’s, EST, inventory management, and documenting all
Essential Job Functions
· Perform tasks associated with the installation, maintenance,
repair, troubleshooting, and assembly of automated microbiology
equipment involving basic knowledge and abilities associated with the
electronics, robotics, and mechanical processes.
· Achieves performance measures associated with the maintenance of
equipment, productivity, customer satisfaction, and other performance
· Complete all necessary documentation of activities involving the
servicing of equipment in accordance with the manufacturer
· Serves as a resource for the proper operation, and maintenance of
· Instructs instrument operators in proper equipment use.
· Adheres to the highest level of customer service, while managing
customer requests with diplomacy.
· Willingness to travel 10-20%
Desired Skills and Experience
· Associate’s degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology,
Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or minimum 2-3 years
equivalent formal related training required.
· Must reside in or around Berkeley, CA
· Must be reliable and able to work independently with limited
· Excellent customer service expertise with outstanding communication
· Willingness and ability to be on call 24/7.
· Comfortable working in clinical environments with infectious agents
· Computer literacy and ability to read instrument schematics
• Must be able to sit for long periods on airplane or in an auto to
reach job destinations.
• Must be able to have manual dexterity to operate equipment and
tools required on the job.
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to occasionally crouch, kneel, and/or duck into tight
spaces of the equipment.
-July 4, 2023