Assistant Project Coordinator/Manager
- Rate TBD
- Location Toronto, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Business consulting & Finance, Specialized Help Engineering, Strategy and Planning
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Engineering
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Toronto ON
Duties & Responsibilities Overview:
Reporting directly to the Construction Manager and Project
Superintendent, a Project Coordinator at our Construction
Management department is responsible for assisting in the planning, supervision,
and execution of construction projects. The Project Coordinator
assists the Project Manager and Project Superintendent in project
administration and field work, communicating with clients, consulting
engineers and subcontractors. Other major tasks include keeping
up-to-date construction schedules and as-built drawings, documenting
contract change orders and Health and Safety documentation.
· Post-Secondary Education/College Diploma - Construction and Project
Management related preferred.
· 3+ years of experience in construction as a Project Coordinator,
preferably with a focus on residential construction (renovations and
· Knowledge and use of AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe,
Project Management Software (MS Project, Procore, Team Gnatt,
· Valid Ontario Driver’s License.
· Proficient in the English language (written and oral) with strong
inter-personal and communication skills.
· Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to
multi-task and prioritize and an ability to meet and adhere to
deadlines and work under strict time constraints.
· Ability and history of working in a fast-paced, team-oriented
· Strong knowledge of construction processes, methods, and materials.
· Experience with construction drawing, tendering, scheduling, and
project management software is required.
· Ability to meet and adhere to deadlines and work under strict time
· Be self-motivated and driven.
· Expert negotiator with an aptitude for cost savings
· High level of understanding of the OHSA and ability to enforce
Health & Safety practices.
Duties & Responsibilities Detailed:
· Respond to inquiries & concerns, ensure timely & quality service,
and follow up.
· Professionally interact with design professionals, consultants,
vendors, trades, and clients as required.
· Update construction schedule and % of work completed.
· Manage drawings, submittals, RFI’s, and project reporting.
· Input files and records into project management software.
· Support the PM in project risk management.
· Prepare and issue PO’s for subcontractors and suppliers as
directed by PM
· Create material lists.
· Assist Project Manager in maintaining accurate and up-to-date logs
(Shop drawings, RFI, RFQ, Purchase Orders, etc.), track responses and
keep Project Manager and Superintendent up to date of the status.
· Work closely under the guidance and direction of Project Manager
and Superintendent to learn construction methods and contract
· Monitor work on site, to ensure compliance with owner's standards,
design procedures, contract specifications and building codes.
· Coordinate with subcontractors in requesting and following up on
shop drawing submittals, additional work pricing and design
· Oversee logistics, procurement, and delivery of materials and
· Support various project-related activities i.e.
Shipping/receiving/pricing/sourcing supplies & materials.
· Field verify work completed for progress and accuracy.
· Assist Estimating with Tender Closings
· Submit and distribute shop drawing.
· Attend site meetings and issue meeting minutes, if required.
· Attend internal coordination and project meetings as
· Receive, price, implement and coordinate all project changes.
· Source out new suppliers and subcontractors as requested by PM.
· Research solutions to design problems, including conflicts,
unidentified existing interference, and errors/omissions.
· Coordinate project timelines, budgets, and resources.
· Submit and distribute shop drawing.
· Analyze specifications and construction drawings and
complete/participate in completing construction plan, construction
schedule, existing utility locates, material quantity takeoffs,
material purchase orders and subcontracts.
· Assist with administrative tasks such as permit applications and
· Develop and maintain job specific files based on standard templates
and established protocols/procedures.
· Prepare all project start-up and close-out documentation, including
· Support the PM in site quality control/ assurance (ie punch/
· Perform periodic site visits as directed by the PM specific to
activities within your knowledge area.
· Other special projects as assigned.
What’s in it for you:
· Competitive Base Salary and Vacation
· Yearly bonus structure
· Employer-Paid Extended Health & Dental Benefits
· Ongoing company social activities and celebrations
-November 9, 2023