Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer - Technical Lead
- Rate TBD
- Location Mississauga, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Health Medical Assistant
- Duration part time ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Type of employment N/A
- Area of Specialization Medical and repair technologies
- Languages required N/A Workhoppers Home Mississauga ON
Our Cardiovascular Centre is looking for an enthusiastic
Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer to serve as our Technical Lead, in a
novel and innovative cardiovascular centre in Oakville, Ontario. With the
assistance and foresight of many of her mentors in Toronto and
Cleveland, she has now brought her international expertise to her
hometown. We are looking for a candidate that demonstrates an innate
ability to lead, and be part of a collaborative team, with a goal of
modernizing healthcare. The ideal candidate would be a team member who
takes a high level of initiative, anticipates the vision and growth of
the centre, and enjoys an atmosphere of mutual respect and
compassionate care for the community we serve.
The echo sonographer will be responsible for performing transthoracic
echocardiography and stress echocardiography studies, both with and
without contrast-enhancing agents. The position will involve
processing the data and creating the preliminary diagnostic reports,
and notifying the healthcare team of any urgent or abnormal findings.
As this is a leadership role, involvement in monitoring the quality
and consistency of diagnostic images with performance metrics is
essential. Observing and caring for patients in a professional manner
throughout the entire diagnostic assessment is also imperative.
Proficiency in adult studies and associated echo modalities include:
1.Echocardiography with Doppler US, with contrast-enhancing agents
2.Agitated Saline Contrast Studies
* Must be a graduate in Cardiac Diagnostic Medical Sonography diploma
from an accredited school in Canada or the U.S.
* Current RDCS registration in good standing with the American
Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or the Canadian
Association of Diagnostic Ultrasound Professionals (CARDUP)
* Registered with CMRITO
* Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) certification required
* 3 years of recent echocardiography experience preferred
* Certification in IV skills is an asset
Qualities of an Ideal Candidate:
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Excellent understanding of cardiac anatomy, physiology and
* Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on customer service,
dealing professionally with patients and the health care team.
* Effective problem solving skills, and critical thinking
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Ability to work in an inter-professional team environment and
* Demonstration of leadership qualities, with a high level of
* Excellent punctuality, reliability, attendance and work record
* Attention to detail and meticulous by nature.
* Commitment to ongoing professional education and improvement.
* Computer skills (keyboarding), familiarization and knowledge of MS
Office/EMR, and general internet knowledge is an asset.
Interested Candidates, please send your updated Cover letter and
Curriculum Vitae. While we appreciate all of those who apply, only the
applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
-January 29, 2024