- Rate TBD
- Location Minneapolis, MN United States (On-site)
- Type of project Writing/Translation Technical Writer
- Duration 24 months
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization N/A
- Period: 05/02/2016 to 04/28/2017
• Write, rewrite, and edit instructions for use (IFUs) such as device implant, service and reference manuals, software screen text, online or mobile IFUs, and product inserts, to clearly and effectively communicate technical instructions or specifications for the medical device industry.
• Acquire subject knowledge by interviewing senior writers, product developers, regulatory, quality, and marketing personnel, and also by referring to the product, technical specifications, and engineering illustrations.
• Learn how regulations, standards, laws, product specifications, and internal procedures impact the design of IFUs.
• Coordinate preparation of technical illustrations by coordinating the layout and design with graphic designers or desktop publishers.
• Coordinate the translation of technical documents through internal or external sources
• Apply creativity to solve problems related to processes, systems, and tools.
• May lead development and maintenance of labeling project schedules and estimates.
• Coordinate the review and approval of technical documents for a project team in enterprise configuration management systems.
• Maintain necessary records for project tracking and legal/regulatory requirements.
• Provide direction and mentoring to more junior technical writers.
• Take direction from the technical writing manager, technical writing program manager, or more senior technical writers.
• Participate in Technical Communication process and team meetings.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
• Demonstrated technical writing experience
• Experience working with cross-functional teams
• Working knowledge of software technologies used for writing, publishing, and document control
REQUIRED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum 3 years of experience or education in technical writing with a BA/BS degree
• Minimum 2 years of experience or education in technical writing with a Master’s degree
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.