FREELANCE Graphic Design Assistant
- Rate TBD
- Location Kitchener, ON Canada (Anywhere)
- Type of project Designing & Media Adobe Photoshop, Graphic design
- Duration VARIOUS ongoing
- Education required High school graduate
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Deadline urgent
- Area of Specialization Other
- A FREELANCE opportunity exists for a part-time Graphic Designer. With impeccable attention to detail, this role will support the Graphic Design, Art, and Communications departments in design implementation and technical drawing creation.
This is an ideal opportunity for a post-secondary student or designer new to freelancing to work with and learn from a team of artists, designers, communicators and craftspeople with decades of experience and grow their personal portfolio while maintaining their existing client base.
Your desire to grow in an entrepreneurial setting allows flexibility to build your portfolio and develop your own accounts.
Responsibilities (suggest re-ordering based on priority / need as per below)
● Work with the Art & Design department to create concept mock ups, presentations, technical drawings, and marketing materials
● Liaise with the Communications Department to record and report information and to track and give status reports of project production and deadlines
● Maintain meticulous notes of all tasks according to critical path and priority deadlines. Make clear any changes to meeting those deadlines.
● Attend meetings both in studio and off-site, and assist in gathering relevant written and visual materials
● Provide support to all departments by gathering and organizing resources (measurements, materials, photos, architectural drawings) according to established filing system
● Liaise with sub-trades and suppliers to gather and/or provide drawings, reference photos, and specifications
● Capture and edit photography and video
● Respond in a timely and thorough way to requests (via phone, email, verbal)
Educational and Experience Requirements:
● Post-secondary education (or in progress) or extensive professional portfolio, preferably in Graphic Design or Multimedia Design or related field
● Demonstrated experience in design, supported by a portfolio of work
● Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects with attention to detail and focus on quality
● Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment
● Exceptional attention to detail and meeting deadlines
● Organized, able to work independently and as part of a team
● Track record of meeting assigned goals with minimal supervision
● Ability to accept direction & constructive criticism
● Willingness to learn and listen
● Skillful at proofing own work and that of others
● Able to work within an established phasing process and with meticulous attention to detail to maintain company expectations/deliverables
● Ability to work within established design guidelines consistent with corporate brand identity
● Ability to work overtime depending on project needs
Technical Skill Requirements:
● Exceptionally fluent in Adobe In Design, Illustrator and Photoshop
● MS Office, in particular email protocol and Internet searches
● Strong design and layout skills
● Good knowledge of printing processes
● SKETCHUP and / or AUTOCAD
• A working portfolio essential
• Desire to demonstrate initiative, drive and teamwork
• Knowledge of reading blueprints an asset
• Must have own laptop with Mac platform
Position Type: Freelance contract for design professional with existing client base. Mix of in-office and satellite work hours. Office is in Cambridge, Ontario.
Rate of pay: Commensurate with experience
You love graphic design. You are fluent in Adobe Suite software. You want to grow your portfolio through collaboration on prominent projects with seasoned professionals. Reply with concept to completion samples of past work.
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.