- Rate TBD
- Location India (On-site)
- Type of project Writing/Translation, Health Editing, Medical doctor
- Duration ongoing
- Education required Masters
- Years of experience None
- Deadline May 19, 2017
- Area of Specialization Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Opportunity for Indians seeking to return to India.
Looking for a rewarding science career outside the clinical sphere?
Welcome to the world of Medical Editing.
Medical Editing presents doctors (with an MBBS degree), PhDs, or any science graduate proficient in the English language and passionate about communicating science with the opportunity to work in an exciting, high-growth industry outside the clinical sphere. Medical Editors use their understanding of the subject matter, the medical industry, and publication norms to convert complex scientific content into error-free, publication-ready documents that are both scientifically and linguistically accurate.
Medical Editors are part of the Medical Writing team that specializes in providing scientifically rigorous medical and scientific writing services for pharmaceutical corporations, clinical research organizations, and researchers worldwide. We are looking for doctors to join our team of world-class medical editors and work in a dynamic, fast-paced global environment.
Job responsibilities of a Medical Editor
• Ensure timely delivery of error-free, high-quality medical documents (manuscripts, posters, abstracts, presentations, etc.) that meet international standards of written English by
o Correcting errors in grammar, style, and syntax
o Ensuring accuracy of the data and content presented
o Identifying and fixing flaws in logic and flow
o Following style guides/templates provided by the client
• Work with the Managing Editor to develop best-practice-driven internal standards
• Help Medical Writers upgrade their English-language skills
• MBBS/MD/PhD/MSc (Research or Life Sciences) with good understanding of clinical research and medical communications
• High level of attention to detail and superior English-language skills
• Basic knowledge of biostatistics
• Literature reviewing and evaluation capabilities
• Ability to multi-task and work under tight timelines
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Prior experience in editorial processes in a medical communications agency
• ELS certification or willingness to prepare for and pass the BELS exam
Selection process: Screening test, followed by one round of tests and 2 rounds of interview.
To apply, please do so through link provided below.
For more details, call or email Siddharth Dikhale
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.